Opinions about AEM parts

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by Hackett, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Hackett

Hackett

The end of Feb/beginning of March, when the LWD Lower's go on sale, I am planning to start and completely build non glock, glock(most likely a 17).

I am trying to get the list together of which parts, by which manufacturer I will be using.

Obviously, I will be using the LWD Polymer Lower, but from there it is up in the air.

I'd like to hear from those who have after-market parts, such as triggers, connecters, guide rods, springs, etc, and here your stories, good or bad, your recommendations, and anything you've heard good or bad.

The only part that has me stumped in the mags, as I know of none more reliable than Glock's very own.

Thanks in advance, and once the project begins, I will likely post a tone of pics.

PS. As well, the timing is perfect for LWD's release date for the lower due to my car is paid off mid Feb, insurance drops to liability, and this will be my gift to myself. I plan to do this in as few orders from LWD as possible, but am not restricting myself to items they supply. All aesthetic choices aren't really even a though at this point and i can always have done after it is complete.

Also, any tips or suggestions are appreciated. Trustme, I am thick enough skinned that it's not gonna hurt my feelings if it's a negative comment LOL!

2. Jager1147

Jager1147

My guess is Lone Wolf slide and barrel as well. Why not go with as many Lone Wolf parts as possible? What's the pistol going to be used for, range / target? Competition? Carry / defense? This would help you decide on components.

3. Hackett

Hackett

It's going to be a range gun for sure. I have a G23 for carry/defense.

Just like building things and rather than do what so many others have done, I am going to build a completely one off gun for which I can still easily find parts for.

Only problem is, staying away from OEM parts and ordered almost entirely from Lone Wolf and I am looking at an 8-900$ build, and will take about 3 months. I also have to talk to my local smith(FFL holder) to see if he will order the lower for me from LWD. Shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  4. Jager1147

Jager1147

Here's my suggestion:

Lone Wolf slide
    Lone Wolf barrel
    Steel Guide rod
    13 lb. ISMI recoil spring ( if G17)
    Dawson F.O. sights (F.O front, adjustable black rear)
    Dawson magwell (helps with grip position aside from reloads)
    Vanek Custom drop in trigger ( Super Grand Master)
    Glock magazines

Should take you under an hour to assemble.

5. Hackett

Hackett

i prolly wont do the magwell, as I don't know if it will fit as I'm not planning to use a glock lower.

I will def look into the adjustable sights.

Not going for anything really wild yet, and will prolly go with a 5lb connector and 4.5-5.5 lb trigger. Just personal preference.

6. electrohawk

electrohawk

I wonder how much would that cost?

7. Hackett

Hackett

Just price it out.

But there is no chance I would use a steel guide rod, and I am undecided when it comes to lightened triggers on my guns. But being this is a completely cutom, range gun only, I might go for it.