Opinion: Chicago's gun violence is intolerable -- Trump should provide help

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by RussP, Jul 30, 2018.

1. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From foxnews.com...
    There's more in the article...

Questions: Who will pay for Federal intervention, or what return is there to investing those resources?

aircarver and janice6 like this.
  2. thewitt

thewitt

I do not believe the Federal government can intervene without the State requesting their help.

States rights...

aircarver, 10or45, Johnix and 7 others like this.

3. rj1939

rj1939

Where the movie "Poor White Trash" was filmed
    Does chicago not have an(cough) elected (cough) group of officials, including the weasel mayor? Aren't they the first line of defense? Why do they get a pass? Maybe if these officials spent time doing something other than stealing the state blind, they could devote some to the crime problem, which obviously they want to maintain.

Glock1963, Caver 60, DonD and 5 others like this.
  4. Jon_R

Jon_R

I thought when Chicago PD does police work they get up in arms.... other than spend a bunch of other peoples money what would fed police do any different?

Also not all gun deaths are bad so I would have to look at the list to see what percentage I would classify as inconcent victims.

5. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Let the cities die.
    :)

6. rayzer007

rayzer007

I though Rahm had everything under control with his strict gun laws!!!!!

Steady Glockin, Caver 60, n2g and 8 others like this.
  7. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

I'm sorry but Chicago is a Democrat problem that should have been controlled by the previous administrations 8 years in office.

sixgun2, Caver 60, rayzer007 and 4 others like this.
  8. Climbhard

Climbhard

That’s not gun violence it’s gang violence. The result of poverty the loss of morality and few if no options when born into that society.

9. Taz

Taz

I thought ****cago was a sanctuary city? Doesn’t that mean they purposely do not cooperate with federal LEO on getting known criminals out if there?

Screw them and the donkeys they ride. They have local LEO. They have state LEO. They have local elected officials that need to address the issue.

10. StockGlockJock

StockGlockJock Conservative because I’m a fan of common sense.

Excellent point! There’s no incentive for a police officer to risk getting out of his car in Chicago because it’s either a career-ender if he intervenes or a death sentence if he doesn’t get backup in time.

A police officer is defined by the media as a “cold blooded murderer” if he gets caught in a crossfire between warring thugs and has to defend himself against drug dealers/gang members armed to the teeth. Then the media “re-brands” the gang members and assorted vermin of the streets as victims and “Promising young choirboys who were on their way to college to find a cure for cancer.”

One of the Big3 TV networks is planning to do a “whitewash” show in prime time of “Trayvon Martin” soon in which they will no doubt show him as a “fine young man with SO much promise to have made a positive difference in this world...”. (Had he not tried to take out a guy by banging his head on the concrete curb until the guy shot him.)

These are the media’s “darlings” nowadays....how did it get to this?

7AF5089A-D759-4901-BAAE-674931389757.jpeg Another group photo of future Doctors, Lawyers, and promising religious leaders.....no doubt.

Caver 60, 10or45, spork and 2 others like this.
  11. Pistol Pete 10

Pistol Pete 10

Chicago will not change until the citizens of Chicago demand it. I do not understand why this is allowed to continue. I am also at a loss as to why a business would want to move to Chicago, if memory serves me Amazon is or did consider Chicago. I realize the radical progressive rabid liberal democrats are in charge but that's what the people vote for.

janice6 and jeanderson like this.
  12. powernoodle

powernoodle

Shame on Fox for calling it "gun violence". The guns had no say in it.

The story notes that most of the "victims" were black. I put that in quotes, because if you do something to place yourself in that position - like sell drugs or live the lifestyle - I'm not sure that you are a real victim in the truest sense of that word.

Note that leftist policies largely bring about the death of blacks much more frequently than whites, whether its the leftist culture in Chicago, or the leftist compulsion to kill black babies. In my city, about 90% of the aborted pregnancies are black women. And the rabid leftists stand on the sidewalk just to make sure that all of those black babies get killed without interference from the terrible white Christians who are trying to keep them alive.

Leftism is truly evil.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    Steady Glockin, n2g and Cubdriver like this.
  13. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

janice6 likes this.
  14. MacAttack

MacAttack

Make it illegal for certain types of people to have guns. If convicted of illegally having a gun or using a gun in a crime make the punishment extreme.

But we know that would never happen because it would be racist...which I agree it would be.

15. marchboom

marchboom

That demand would probably get pressure on the cops to enforce the laws. BUT, as always happens, as soon as an arrest is made the mom (who was probably one of the people who demanded more police action) gets on TV and says that the pOlice where just harassing her little darling who was just walking to church choir practice. The fact that he had 5 lbs of meth and a gun on him is irrelevant. Then she will make a personnel complaint against the officer(s) and sue the city. Then the slimy mayor will get on TV and slam the cops.

Chicago is doomed. The police dept. is impotent and the citizens are just going to have to fend for themselves. They now have the neighborhoods they demanded. The gangs have won.

Any Chicago cop would be well advised to go to another dept. while their career is still intact.

10or45 and janice6 like this.
  16. TheDud

TheDud Previously vram74

Trump should lift up Chicago as a shining example of the failed policies of the loony left. Also use California and while he's at it, highlight the level of degradation that takes place when the disease spreads to conservatve areas of the US.

This BS needs to be called out and shut down at every opportunity!

17. fastbolt

fastbolt

Well, former president Obama, a Chicago politician, and former Obama WH chief-of-staff Emanuel (also an IL politician), didn't demand and arrange for federal help for Chicago.

Now that Emanuel is Chicago mayor, has he been seeking federal help and guidance in addressing and solving his black gang/murder epidemic? If we're going to mention "state's rights", has he been seeking state help in addressing it?

Chicago voters have always gotten what they voted for (like any city). If they want something different, maybe it's time to vote for something different.

Is this suddenly a federal problem, or just a continuing Chicago political machine problem?

Why can't local problems generate local efforts and solutions?

Steady Glockin, n2g and janice6 like this.
  18. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

What "certain types of people" are you referring to and how would it be racist? The types of people who shouldn't have guns are criminals and crazies; they come in all races, sexes and religions.

19. Bruce M

Bruce M

I remain unconvinced that the shooting and murder problem is worse in Chicago than it is in St. Louis or Detroit or New Orleans or a few other cities. They may have more in Chicago because of a bigger population but not more per capita.

It seems that in some cities a combination of local and federal law enforcement working together have done some good work to reduce some of the most violent crime by targeting some of the most violent repeat offenders and sometimes diverting them to the federal criminal justice system at where prison sentences are typically (much) longer. And it seems that strategy has been around for a few decades now.

20. marchboom

marchboom

Emanuel wants federal help as long as the "help" doesn't offend the gang members, the citizens, the illegals or any other criminal in Chicago. In other words, help that doesn't offend his voting block.

10or45 likes this.