Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Firm member
30,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat near a guy (waiting room social distance, of course) at a local tire shop who insisted on telling me about how he found out about something or other by opening mail addressed to his wife. Who the hell opens their spouse's mail? HH

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Only thing we seem to get is bills, credit card applications, and refinance garbage.

if it’s a card or a personal effect or something she ordered online, she opens it. If it’s a shirt or something I’m expecting, she’ll open it to put it in the wash if it’s close to laundry day.

neither of us care. Nothing to hide, and we aren’t offended.

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
Wife will sometimes open her mail but never opens mine. Would not bother me if she did.

I always leave any perceived invitations, thank you's, or holiday cards for her.

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Mail is all spam and bills. Once in a while my mema sends me a letter or a soup recipe.

I haven't gotten anything scandalous via mail in years, not since 2015 when I hooked up with a tourist from NYC and she sent me several 5-8 page hand written letters of erotic fantasy on fancy lavender colored paper that matched the envelopes and was scented in her perfume.

I do have a certain expectation of privacy with it but I really wouldn't care if my wife opened it unless she was being weird about it.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
rarely

·
Long Trail
2,481 Posts
I open mine, she opens hers. All mail addressed to both, she opens.

Reactions: TGT and LEO/Dad

·
Anti-Federalist
21,406 Posts
Most everything that shows up in the mailbox goes directly to the recycling bin. I don't open any mail but my own unless asked to.

·
NRA Life Member
5,447 Posts
My wife LOVES opening mail. So much so, when we pick up mail at the Post Office, it's opened in the car. Always.

I never open anything. Never anything interesting anyway.

·
Venor ergo sum
Gun control is about CONTROL.
4,299 Posts
I pay the bills and open what paper ones we get. Wife opens and reconciles medical bills and insurance EOBs, then I pay what's required. We both open suspected junk mail and shred. Other mail, the one it's addressed to opens.

Reactions: TGT

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
Who the hell opens their spouse's mail? HH
I do but only in very limited circumstances, like if I know its a check. Then I lay it on the counter with a pen to encourage her to endorse it so it doesn't just sit there forever. But otherwise, I would never open her mail. I also make a point of not reading texts and emails as she is composing them, because I don't think that's cool.

Most everything that shows up in the mailbox goes directly to the recycling bin.
90% of our goes in the outside garbage can and never makes it into the house.

Are you lads aware of the daily email you can get from the USPS every morning showing you what you will be receiving that day? Pretty cool.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

I swear, this is like a Hannie thread.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
You can usually tell what it is from the envelope. If I think it is something personal I will not open it just leave it on the counter. All bills are electronic and auto paid so only mail is basically junk and occasional cards (birthday etc).

·
Registered
13,544 Posts
Wife opens all our mail and writes all the checks on my account to pay the bills. I get packages sent to PO box here all other mail goes to house.

Reactions: -JCN-

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
You can usually tell what it is from the envelope. If I think it is something personal I will not open it just leave it on the counter. All bills are electronic and auto paid so only mail is basically junk and occasional cards (birthday etc).
And if it says, “Extremely Urgent, Open Immediately”, it’s never “urgent” unless you’re waiting for extended car warranty information or an offer of life insurance.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts