close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Opening New IE Pages

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by ateamer, Jun 4, 2006.

1. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

When I click on a link that opens a Web page in a new IE window, the page appears at about half size, and I have to maximize it. Up until a week ago, the pages appeared fullsize, which is what I want. I can't find any setting to change, but am sure that my cat that walks across the keyboard must have changed something. What settings needs to be changed?

2. g29andy

g29andy CLM

Found this:

Right click the shortcut icon for IE next to the Start button, choose Properties, change it from 'normal' to 'maximized'. Now open it.
    Now right click any link on the page, choose Open In New Window....don't maximize it....instead, use the mouse to resize it to what you want it to be.
    Now close the FIRST window you opened, and then close the new one you just resized.

Reopen IE from the shortcut icon again, and all windows from now on will be the size you chose and created.

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Actually, though that works the best way to fix this is to migrate to a better browser.

Unless you have hacked IE to pieces, it is a kernel-level vulnerability that you are trolling before the entire Web.

Get Mozilla or Firefox if you want fewer problems overall.

4. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Thanks, Lovette - it's working properly again.:beer: