Open/OWB carry for G31 and G32 with light/lasers

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by jjmoberg, Apr 5, 2010.

1. jjmoberg

jjmoberg

My family will be going to my in laws' place in Colorado in Sept. It is 10 acres high up in the mountains at about 8500 feet. I am looking for some holster options to carry our G31 and G32 home bedside guns out there. Both guns have the GTL 21 tac light/laser on them. Just looking for something real cheap to have some protection when going to the bathroom, taking a walk, etc. The toilet situation is an outhouse and we will have our almost 4 year old with us. I know she will have to go at lesat once in the middle of the night. I would like to leave the lights on so my trusty old Uncle Mike's 10 dollar rig is out for that reason. Anything similar to that for light/laser set ups. I know .357 Sig is a bit underpowered for deep woods stuff, but we have what we have. My in laws have a .357 mag and .44 mag, but they will have those in their bedroom or on their person most of the time. For the record, we have had at least 3 black bear issues out there. One of which involved the bear going in a screen window and actually getting into the cabin, so I am not just blowing smoke or taking the guns for giggles. Definite mountain lions there confirmed by tracks, no grizzlies (yet).

Thanks,

Jeremy

2. Fly-n-hi

Fly-n-hi

I would get a nice tac light and leave the weapon mounted light at home. If you're going to be walking your kid out to the outhouse there isn't really a reason to have your Glock drawn to illuminate anything.

3. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

+1. For the $$, the tac light would be a wise purchase that you will use on multiple occasions, whereas the holsters only when needed

4. jjmoberg

jjmoberg

I have maybe $600 dollars of Surefire lights. I was more wanting the mounted light/laser on there for the laser, should I God forbid, have a bear problem in a dark situation. I never go out there in the dark without a very good flashlight.

I would never use my current mounted light to light my way. If I draw my gun I will be intending to use it.

I would like to have holsters for night, range practice anyway, so any suggestions??

Jeremy

5. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Not necessarily cheap, but Raven makes holsters for exact fit with a gun and different lights. Nice quality Kydex.

6. jjmoberg

jjmoberg

Are they OWB paddle style? I will look. I am looking at Fobus for 53 bucks each right now.