Open Letter To The NFL PLAYERS. The Boycott is coming.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by RussP, Sep 12, 2020.

1. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From FB...

=AZXLj-XW4TqM2ejaXjMy4uL1rdZ3LXPhGpFonYL9woFe2KOIrmFHMmMr5Zi_lf2fVB_a1oSKec5sXWa13STzG5K5yk2qJuhdW9KZiZ33k2OiJM4_yY2YualMpA4GN1-YOt-fcyUJJK_Zq4hsrctugC1xvkNOF-FDhhW8Elspo0C2zW9LuBbABwfMvk7hbwrwd6qTiu80AeMfTkc2LcM5XASg8EP6MEx9PURUl50FWDX2iQ&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R']Teddy Daniels

September 6, 2020

Open Letter To The NFL PLAYERS. The Boycott is coming.

You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. You grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate.

Academics were a struggle for you and your grades were mediocre at best. The only thing that made you stand out is you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football. Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonald’s for minimum wage.

You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you. Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him. On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans.

Tutors attended to your every academic need. You attended class when you felt like it. Sure, you worked hard. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country. Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19-year-old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the US.

You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football. Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.
    You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees.

On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday or any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest.

When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I encourage all like-minded Americans to boycott the NFL.

National boycott of the NFL is November 8th & 15th in honor of Veteran’s Day, November 11. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums. Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military - some of whom come home with the American flag draped over their coffin.

Add MLB, NBA, and any other sport that kneels to this [​IMG]

2. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

3. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

Wow, just wow. Great letter. Sending that to my friends.

APERS, tm255, seanmac45 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

5. KindOfBlue

KindOfBlue

in a nutshell:

one side thinks it is protesting police violence against blacks by kneeling

the other thinks the kneelers are disrespecting the military and takes offense

Trebore and 1bigK like this.
  6. BBMW

BBMW

The sports leagues don't care. The people that would boycott are a demographic they don't care about. They've decided that their funders, the ad agencies and advertisers who buy time on their broadcasts, only care about a younger, multicultural demographic who they feel they influence to buy the products tye advertise. Old white guys, whose brand loyalties are already set are of no use to them.

On the flip side are the very rich and corporations who buy skyboxes. They likely won't participate in the boycott either.

7. Pete Perfection

Pete Perfection Previously Pete perfection

I’m way ahead of the letter. I boycotted sports years ago.

8. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

Same here, F 'em!

APERS, JimmyCat, Doc McGlock and 5 others like this.
  9. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Boycotting for only two days worth of games would have been a reasonable action to take a couple or three years ago when there was still a chance that it would have gotten the owners' attention and maybe convinced them to knock it off.

Now they're all in on "woke" ideology and aren't going to care about only losing two days worth of revenue. They are fully committed and the only way you'll get your non- political sports leagues back is to completely bankrupt and destroy the current systems so you can rebuild something better.

Screw skipping just two games. It's too late for that. Skip the whole season or you're just admitting that you're still willing to eat their s***.

Newcop761, trajan07, APERS and 20 others like this.
  10. 'Ol Grandad

THIS!!

DrVlad, APERS, Trebore and 2 others like this.
  11. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    They are disrespecting AMERICA, period.

So, **** them.

Newcop761, DrVlad, camelsfly and 19 others like this.
  12. 'Ol Grandad

Would you expect anything less from KindOfBlue? :crazy:

Bus007, Bassman1985, Neldon and 8 others like this.
  13. jack76590

jack76590

Watch the game. Note the advertisers. Boycott the advertisers and let them know of your boycott.

14. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

The “disrespecting” goes far beyond the military to include the police, the rule of law, private property, our history and our founding principles to name key targets of Progressive ideology.

Newcop761, camelsfly, APERS and 21 others like this.
  15. Bradley T

Bradley T

Dang it! My whole life the Chiefs were mediocre 1st round ducks, and now that they are the baddest team in the NFL hands down, a bunch of communism and politics ruin the whole derned thing! Have you ever watched a team for over forty years of not-so-good, then when they hit it big the left fakes up a plague, fakes up racism, fakes up everything except the real forest fires, building fires, wadded-up Constitution and plight of the average man? Now American football is ruined!
    These scums have their way, and U-2's won't have to fly over Cuba to see crappy soccer fields all over the place! We gotta do something!

16. B C

B C

This. Contact the advertisers and don't let up.

Newcop761, billy_56081 and Dynactus like this.
  17. jr24

jr24

Easy enough, I've already decided to take the whole year off of NFL, MLB, NHL.

If they are lucky I'll come back later, though for the NFL that seems unlikely (I find the sport boring with all the replays, flags and commercials)

18. jr24

jr24

It's already coming, football is dying.

Though, if I followed NBA I'd probably feel the same about the Bucks (not sure if they are even still in the playoffs at this point), right when they finally get good, this crap happens.

But I dont watch the NBA so it's not quite the same.

19. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Nope, but don’t hurt anyone’s feelings.

20. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Their stands are pretty sparse with fans now but I’m still all for it. What some folks on GT miss is that you stand for what’s right regardless of whether it’s going to change anyone’s mind. I don’t care what the NFL or their advertisers response is. I’m still going to take a stand if for no other reason to show some in the younger generation that may be hesitant to do what’s right because of fear that it’s still takes a man to go against the PC garbage that is poisoning free speech in America.
    I have long since given up on the NFL & NBA and more recently NASCAR. My quality of life in no way depends upon sports.