close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Open House and Online Virtual Tours

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LoadToadBoss, Mar 28, 2010.

1. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

I'm selling my home. My Realtor has produced an on-line virtual tour and will have an open house soon.

My question, do crooks often peruse on-line virtual tours and open houses to see what people have that might be worth stealing? I can't think of a better way to "case" a home for potential burglary than to attend an open house or go through the on-line virtual tour. Take a few notes of the types of doors, windows, locks, alarm system, dogs, escape routes, etc, and pre-plan the break-in.

Any thoughts?

2. ExxoticOne

ExxoticOne

Hello!!! Didn't you see the original move The Red Dragon? A guy who processes photo's (of people in their homes) goes Hannibal on everyone. :wow:

Anyways, yes, it can happen (it's happened to friends of mine who live in chic-$$ communities). A trained eye would know what to look for....like a walk in closet with a safe in it...or a safe out in the open, etc. If you leave your ammo lying around, they'll know you have a gun, etc.

I wouldn't do the lock box thing where anyone can come on in and touch your stuff. I'm listing my house soon and it's by appointment only...and I'll go next door with my pets while the viewing is going on. If you've got anything of value, now is the time to put it in the safe...that means extra checkbooks, passwords/pin numbers, credit card statements.

Good luck selling your home :wavey: