Open carry at Turkey Run

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by Dyerbill, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Dyerbill

Dyerbill

I had a great hike at Turkey Run today and I carried my weapon open.
    I must say that my camera bag covered my weapon for the most part,but as we came off of the covered bridge onto trail 4 two Conservation Officers appeared on the scene. I went towards them to ask questions about swimming( I knew the answer )and neither one blinked an eye on the firearm. YEAH Indiana.

2. rhino465

rhino465

Woo-hoo! :banana:

This part of Indiana has been traditionally good on such things. I know of people (even reports here) who carried openly in Shades and Tukey Run while it was still a violation of the DNR Adminstrative Code, but it was never a problem.

Conservation officers tend to be a lot more like "us" than "them" from what I've seen.

Thanks for helping carry the torch to re-educate Indiana that carrying a gun is okay.

3. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

love the C.O.s!! Good bunch of folks. Been on a few ride-alongs with Officer Woolwine. Good times, good times.

-J-

4. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

You said..."I went towards them to ask questions about swimming( I knew the answer)"

Why in the world would you ask them a question you "already knew the answer (to)"...? I'm uncomfortable with folks that OC and behave in (to me ) strange ways.
    Why didn't you just prance up to them and say "Lookee here boys, I'm packin' in the open, whaddya think of THAT!?"...isn't that what you were really wanting to know?

5. Dyerbill

Dyerbill

I did not prance up to them......OC is relatively new almost everywhere.......Indiana State Parks "banned" all forms of carry until recently. I was looking for what ever an officer might say about any form of carry. " hello sir ..may I see your permit ...............or total ignore which what was I got and expect in the future. I am not a big fan of Open Carry but I defend the right to of those who do.

You might have stayed in a Holiday Inn last night but you where born an *******...................:rofl:

6. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Guest

I wonder how they'd accept me carrying my G17 open at Brown County? Especially around the Abe Martin Lodge?:shocked:

7. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Strap it on and find a couple of COs you can prance up on...
    use the "swimming question" approach and you should be fine.