Oops! Almost forgot

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mrs. VR, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

Today ( well yesterday now) was my inlaws 50th anniversary. We've been having a ball with tons of relatives we don't get to see or talk to very often. Since it's currently 3:23am, I'm not sure how brunch will go, but it's been lovely. My own parents made it to 57 years. My dad and bonus mom were there. I know he had a rough time at a friends 60th, but I think he was ok today. I didn't wanna bring it up.

With these role models, you can see why VR and I have made it 21.5yrs so far. My grandparents also had lifelong marriages, as did VR's. I'm so grateful, and am feeling very grateful and warm fuzzyish.

That does not mean that I won't infract you faster than you can sneeze if you break the rules, so please don't harsh my mellow til Monday. Thanks! :supergrin::hearts:

2. norton

norton

Mrs N and I celebrated Friday the 28th. We married in 1971. We were very young, as most new married couples were then. My 2 best friends also married the same year, and were the same age as us. they have long since split. I feel very lucky to still have Mrs N as my partner & best friend.

Mrs. VR likes this.

3. D-Ric902

D-Ric902

Hmm....
    Sounds like that whole "one flesh" thing is working out well

Good to hear

Mrs. VR likes this.
  4. Sigobsessed

Sigobsessed Ruggedly handsome

Mrs sig and myself just celebrated our nineteenth on the third of this month! We are both sure that we will be married until one of us kills the other(LOL)! We are both on our second marriage we just consider the first one a practice run! After this much time it seems like we have been together forever (very cool)! I'm glad to hear of your relatives making sixty years, my In laws will be at 60 (again very cool)!

Mrs. VR likes this.
  5. D-Ric902

D-Ric902

When the lovely and longsuffering wife and I were getting married. Some of her friends were asking me "is this your second marriage?"

"No, this is our last marriage"

Mrs. VR likes this.
  6. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

Thirty years, this week.

Mrs. VR likes this.