Ontario man pleads guilty to weapons smuggling and trafficking

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by 4Rules, Feb 27, 2020.

1. 4Rules

4Rules

A 59-nine-year-old Scarborough man took responsibility for playing a key role in the importation of illegal firearms from the United States into Canada — for distribution on Toronto streets — by pleading guilty Wednesday to weapons smuggling and trafficking. The discovery of 60 handguns buried in bedding in the trunk of Harris Poyser’s rented vehicle on May 23, 2018, outside a home in Cornwall, on the U.S. border in eastern Ontario, was billed as the largest single seizure of illegal firearms in the history of the Toronto Police Service. Poyser was not licensed to possess a firearm at the time and had never registered a firearm. Poyser, or someone instructed and supervised by Poyser, would pick up the handguns and other contraband for transport to Toronto, where it would be sold on the black market. Poyser pleaded guilty to six charges, including instructing the commission of an offence for the benefit of a criminal organization, importing firearms and possession of firearms for the purpose of trafficking. The judge, Justice John McMahon, told Poyser he faces a prison sentence of between 10 and 15 years. A sentencing hearing is set for May 7, two weeks before Poyser’s 60th birthday. He remains in custody.
    https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gta/2020/02/26/man-pleads-guilty-in-toronto-polices-largest-gun-seizure-he-was-caught-with-60-handguns-smuggled-from-florida.html

cbetts1 likes this.
  2. cbetts1

cbetts1

Arming the thugs, I hope he get's 15. I bet the lefties in Canada let him off lite. I wonder how many people were robbed, raped or killed with his supplied firearms.

3. mj9mm

mj9mm

more proof that Trump is evil...