close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Only in the Philippines

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by 9MX, Jan 2, 2005.

1. 9MX

9MX Rei!

12 cops shoot, miss suspect; 1 killed

Updated 09:13pm (Mla time) Jan 02, 2005
    By Ruth Navarra
    Inquirer News Service

Editor's Note: Published on page A17 of the January 3, 2005 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer Although the suspect was slain, police also lost one of their own in the one-sided fight.POLICEMEN in Taguig City either need shooting practice or need to consult an occultist.
    On Saturday night, 11 local lawmen engaged a lone suspect in a gun battle that later baffled investigators.
    Although the suspect was slain, police also lost one of their own in the one-sided fight.According to police, Guillermo Corpuz, 25, barged into a 7-Eleven Convenience Store on Gen. Santos Avenue, Lower Bicutan, at about 10:30 p.m. and grabbed the gun of the lone watchman.
    After successfully grappling for the .38-caliber revolver, Corpuz shot the guard, who was hit in the abdomen.Corpuz then ran across the street to another 7-Eleven store and tried to grab the gun of that outlet's security guard.However, he ran into the store when SPO1 Ranillo Balallo and PO3 Willy Jang quickly responded.The suspect hid in the store as more policemen, armed with M-16 assault rifles and 9-mm pistols arrived.

Minutes later, Corpuz emerged from the store and tried to shoot his way through the policemen.

Lawmen returned fire and guns blazed.

Curiously, not one of the bullets hit Corpuz, who managed to get close to Bulallo whom he then shot at close range.

Before getting hit in the left side of the neck, Bulallo was also shooting at Corpuz using an M-16.

Emma Galero, Taguig Scene of the Crime Operations team head, later expressed surprise and bewilderment.

She said all 12 policemen were aiming for Corpuz but apparently missed.

"In all my years as a law enforcer, I have never seen anything like it," Galero said referring to the incident.

Corpuz was only stopped dead on his tracks when Insp. Gerald Dee, opened fire with an assault rifle and hit the suspect once in the belly.

Galero said it was impossible for Bulallo to miss Corpuz because the policeman was only a foot away from the suspect.

"It was as if Corpuz was immune to the bullets directed at him," said Galero

2. gunfool

gunfool

Sir, simpli lang yan, wala sigurong dalang pagkakaperahan yung suspect kaya di tamaan ng mga lispu :)

3. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

napakahirap sigurong magtago and pumutok (walang tingin) at the same time...

4. gunfool

gunfool

;z ;z ;z

5. CarlosDJackal

CarlosDJackal

"Spray and Pray." Ay naku!! ;Q

6. jundeleon

jundeleon

Maybe dapat na kabitan ng grenade launcher ang M16s na gamit ng PNP.

Para mas madali tamaan ang suspect.

Siguradong one-shot stop yan.

7. julianz

julianz toxic master

CORRECT

8. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

;z Yun nga na mabalitaan mo na M16 ang ginamit sa populated area nakakapanginig na ng laman! :( Gamit ng gamit ng high powered wala naman or kulang sa training! :( Andami pa namang UZIsero ;P Dapat siguro Tanke na ipagamit sa kanila para maka pag asinta pa ;g

9. attyjpl

attyjpl Dark Justice

dapat ang gamit ng PNP ay RPG (rocket propelled grenade)! ;f

10. 9MX

9MX Rei!

RPGs would further compound the problem, can you imagine what would happen if it is fired without looking at the target? An RPG is just like a bullet, when its programmed destination is "To whom it may concern...";b

11. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

It has been written, on some other thread, that cops in the Philippines can't practice much because of insufficient budget to pay for the cartridges necessary for adequate practice. As for security guards, I've been at Northstar gun range when security guards were doing their mandatory annual practice, and the Northstar guys told me that means they have to shoot 3 rounds per year. 3 rounds.

The burglars/thieves probably don't actually practice all that much either - has anyone heard of an official thieves' shooting range? - so it looks like in any shootout it would be the wild police shooters shooting at the wild criminal shooters.

On the other hand, I've got a friend who used to be a police chief in Washington D.C. and he says the ordinary U.S. cop is not all that good a shooter either - one criminal actually reloaded his revolver while two cops were in the act of shooting at him and they asked him why did he do that and he said : "why not?"

Anyway, if I'm ever near the scene of a cops vs criminals shoot-out, I'm hitting the ground and staying there. So many instances of more hostages and bystanders being killed than criminals.

12. one_eye_kirat

one_eye_kirat

baka may anting-anting yung suspect. ;a

13. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

there are similar cases here. cops/security guards being killed for their firearms. security guards are the easier targets because their activities are easier to monitor.

14. Allegra

Allegra

Anyway, if I'm ever near the scene of a cops vs criminals shoot-out, I'm hitting the ground and staying there. So many instances of more hostages and bystanders being killed than criminals. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not sure hitting the ground may be a good idea
    When we train the local cops, their shots always hit the ground in front of the target
    Basta holdap, or any BG related interaction, I'm plannin to run like hell.
    If the BG can folow me for 20km on foot, I'll just give him my wallet AND recruit him to our tri-club :)

15. julianz

julianz toxic master

During the Marcos era , my Mom (an educator then)took me and my sister on a school field trip with a bunch of her pupil and one of the destination was the luneta grand stand ..as kids we were running around felt secure coz cops and fire trucks were there ..the elders and the teachera thought they were there for an ordinary assembly or a parade .then Boom...there were molotovs exploding every where ,people running and cops started shooting bang bang ..it turned out to be a demonstration..me and my sister hid behind one of the fountain , we saw a guy in uniform firing his long arms probabbly an M16 and wants aiming at all SPRAY lang ng SPRAY kahit sino na lang tamaan..at the time i thought it was cool coz sa tv lang ako nakakakita ng shoot out ..after a few hours bodies were lying everywhere, ambulance came to pick up the bodies and fire trucks were cleaning up the blood. It was a mess out there. My Mom shocked..gathered all the kids including me and my sister and took off.

Years have past ..and this shooting skills of cops then are still being practice ..my cousin a cop for 8 years have mentioned to me at one time. Their officers directive is : if perps shoot at you find a place to hide then shoot back even if you are not aiming . if they get lucky someone will fall down. I asked my cousin if he had actually shoot someone and he said who cares as long as im the one left standing, those who want to play hero ends up in a box..with medals on their chest...

16. jundeleon

jundeleon

On a positive note, I think marikina city cops are getting some free firearms training from armscor including practice ammo and range use.

I read about this in the inquirer a few weeks ago.

17. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

This is exactly how Nardong Putik, Kapitan Eddie Set and others like them got their false notoriety for being immune to bullets and ascribing them to anting-antings....Poor Marksmanship, Lack of Nerve, Ill-prepared shooters.
    On a related note, my friends and I have pierced/broken a lot of anting-antings ranging from medallions, stones, tree roots, scapulars, handkerchiefs with orasyons etc. wrapped on or worn by Chickens(I know, poor chickens) or tied to Banana trees and have seen grown men cry when they come to the realization that they bet their lives on such things. Some rationalize that they probably didn't recite their orations enough or that their belief was waning( Whatever..).
    It is a good thing that none of them(not one) wanted to wear their cherished anting while it was being tested. Although I would've asked them to sign a waiver removing any responsibility if I killed them in the process, I'm sure it won't hold up in court ;f

18. Allegra

Allegra

19. jasonub

jasonub

not really that bad if your are more than 10 ft away.

at the marine sniper range it is common for us to go downrange to remove or replace a target even if there is someone shooting behind us.

the targets are spaced around 3-5 ft from each other. you hear a pic-boom sound and see the paper get hit a few feet away.

I know it seems dangerous. i dont do it if i dont know who is shooting beside me. most can put 10 shots inside a 5 peso coin diameter at 50 meters.

I dont advice others to do the same

MCO and 9mx can attest. they have been downrange while we shoot.

Incidently, 9mx and McO, what do you feel when someone is shooting uprange???

20. Allegra

Allegra