Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
He is a piece of work.

Too bad he didn’t consider slowing spending and re-prioritizing who gets funding until it was too late.

Reactions: TBO and B C

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spent 1 Billion in “thrive ny c” which is ran by his wife. Has accomplished nothing. Why not cut spending there... now the new academy classes are suspended. He is a piece of work... thats putting it mildly.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a democratic way of putting things lol

Not every new yorker voted for this clown. First responders, health workers, lot of blue collar workers, city workers, etc.

He wins by targeting minorities and promising false hope playing the my wife is of color card...

Come one now..

I don't care about NYC! They got what they elected!

·
Premium Member
CLM #38
10,581 Posts
As if i don’t hate the guy enough... now this.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/06/nyc-preparing-to-furlough-or-layoff-some-workers-de-blasio/

T
his guy is planning on getting rid of the nucleus that keeps nyc running...

thoughts? I know i cant be the only one bothered after reading the article..
How many years you have in? Layoffs go by seniority, last in first out.

I worked with a ton of guys who were part of the layoffs in the late 70's. They were the most bitter, jaded guys on the whole job.

Each of them had stories of sitting by the FATN with cases of beer waiting as the tax numbers were printed. When theirs came up, they walked over to tables containing three boxes; one for the tin, one for the ID, and one for the revolver. Dumped everything and walked out the door of the command.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am safe i have over 6 on. I still find it insulting that lot of us working front line ended up sick with the virus and some will be getting the boot because of his lack of managing skills. We watch each others back, no matter what... and this is just wrong.

·
Texas Born & Bred
3,595 Posts
Seems to be another case study in priorities. Which is more important: policing and essential fiscal foresight or the newest social engineering fad? De Blasio and company is not alone in their irresponsibility, just one of the loudest and most annoying.

·
Registered
32,525 Posts
I am safe i have over 6 on. I still find it insulting that lot of us working front line ended up sick with the virus and some will be getting the boot because of his lack of managing skills. We watch each others back, no matter what... and this is just wrong.
It may be for the better in the long run.

San Jose had one of the best departments. Then the recession hit and they laid off 106 officers. Then they whacked pay and benefits. They lost a bunch of officers they went from 1500 to 800. Their pay and benefits came back and then some to try to rebuild.

About a half a dozen came back from the original 106. And that was only a 6 month break.

·
Unfair Facist
27,046 Posts
I have voted the straight Republican line since 1980. It's like peeing into the wind.
What other choice do you have? There are so few gay Republicans running for office.

Reactions: steveksux
1 - 20 of 47 Posts