Online “Dating”

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JMS, Aug 12, 2020.

1. illrooster132

illrooster132

woman can't make a good sammich. only guys know how to stuff the meat between the buns.

2. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

3. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

Does picking up a woman who was related to the deceased at a funeral make one a bad person? Asking for a friend.

billy_56081 and jimcorbin like this.
  4. clancy

I never looked at that as a problem. Hell, I have stopped for gas on my Harley, on my way to work, and been hit on. I was fortunate to have an understanding boss.

5.45 Shooter likes this.
  5. railfancwb

railfancwb

Around here, at least, fitness centers - regardless of brand - are known as meat markets.

6. railfancwb

railfancwb

The widow?

billy_56081 and clancy like this.
  7. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

Here’s a story. Several years ago I was on my way to spend the weekend with a friend of mine. She was a friend with benefits and we’d get together once every couple of months. She lived about 3 hours from me.

That one time, I decided to ride my motorcycle there. Stopped about a mile from her house to get gas and there she is, filling up. She did not recognize me in my gear and full helmet and glasses. She had absolutely no idea it was me and I didn’t tell her I was riding the moto down.

Next thing I know, she is smiling at me, looking me up and down and trying to make eye contact. I lift up my visor and say “Rochelle!”. Oh my God, she started shrieking, I didn’t know it was you!!!

All I could think was, you little slut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. clancy

You say that like it's a bad thing!

motorcycleman, jimcorbin and Rinspeed like this.
  9. clancy

That did happen once at a funeral I was at, but it wasn't me, I swear.

railfancwb and mdlott like this.
  10. mdlott

mdlott

Surrrrre, it wasn't. LOL

11. sourdough44

sourdough44

I’d wager plenty of divorced women in their 40’s are ready to try the ‘bad boy’ for a bit. Not that the biker rider is bad, just something opposite the EX.

45caldan likes this.
  12. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

I think I might have to ride one of the bikes today if they really are chick magnets.

jimcorbin likes this.
  13. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

I have been married for 37 years, but I find this thread fascinating reading.

To me , it seems the woman that wrote that is extremely self centered and selfish. I would not be the least bit interested in someone like that. In fact, it screams out alarm signals.

It seems to me that anyone who has a long description of their self, likes, wants, expectations, demands,...there is something wrong with them. I find those type of people repulsive.

I couldn't come up with all that info about myself if my life depended on it. I just couldn't be that self centered. That type is just going to be everything about her, nothing about you. Wow!

Does this make sense?

motorcycleman and Sharkey like this.
  14. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

Yeah. Lots of women like the bad boy type.

Then when they find out they actually are bad, and they are left high and dry, it's a whine fest.

rotorhead1026 likes this.
  15. Sharkey

Sharkey

Pfft, do it the old fashioned way. Have a friend's wife find you a date from her list of candidates. Check with the male friend first. You don't want losers and then double date. Newly single volunteer at church has some value too. Both methods better than online but it is still Caveat Emptor.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Maccabeus likes this.
  16. Sharkey

Sharkey

2nd date was on the cycle for a Sunday afternoon ride to DQ. I had a good feeling. On another date, she watched all of a Stars game. 17 yrs of marriage and a UFC PPV is a date. She likes to see blood.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

pairof44sp likes this.
  17. Chesafreak

Chesafreak

I met my wife through online dating, after meeting a lot of bad ones and making some mistakes.

Always assume that the woman actually looks 5 years older and 20-50 pounds heavier than their profile pic.

Never suggest meeting for dinner for the first date.

Be wary of anyone who repeatedly says "really, oh me too!" when you tell them what you like.

Google their name to see if they've been in the news. I actually hooked up with a woman who had been to prison and had been in the local paper. She was operating an unlicensed day care and a child died (suspiciously) in her care, and her and her ex were defrauding her customers via idenity theft. My only clue was her daughter seemed to hate her and eventually told me "she's not who you think she is".

Don't talk to them online for many weeks before meeting. If you seem to have chemistry, meet sooner rather than later, otherwise you'll start to fall for who you think she is, not who she actually is.

pizza_pablo, Andy P and Hef like this.
  18. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

Spot on. In my experience, there is no better time to be had in the entire dating world than a 40 something woman who is recently divorced or separated. Expectations are low and they are literally just looking for a good time.

Be forewarned though; if you hang around more than a few months, you will find out rather quickly why they are divorced. The honeymoon is short lived but it’s a great ride. Just don’t count on finding your soulmate in this demographic. I guess anything is possible but understand that you are dealing with a boatload (ocean liner) of baggage.

pizza_pablo likes this.
  19. Lazy R

Lazy R

They marry a guy and beat the life out of him until he's a domesticated, obediant appliance. Then they resent him for not being the bad boy. Leave him, take all his money, then go screw a bad boy.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

20. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

Listen up fellas, here is a guy who gets it. I wish more men understood this, it would save them a lot of pain.

Mind you, I’m sure there are some absolutely fantastic wives out there and some very happy and lucky men out there. But my observations over the years aligns much more with the above.

Lazy R likes this.