Glock Talk banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

· Bitter American
2,022 Posts
Here's one for all the gun snobs out there:

"We keep talking. I find out she’s a single mom with two kids. Her house has been broken into three times in the last two months. The last burglary attempt occurred while she was in the house with her kids. She has never shot a gun, but she recognized that she had a duty to protect her family. She went to a gun show and bought a Jimenez Arms JA-9. She asked all her male friends and family members to go to the range with her, but all of them turned her down."
That's a good, sobering story. Thanks for sharing it.

· Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Hickok45 with a Hi-Point....all I gotta say about that

View attachment 1172947
After watching most of this video, the only thing decent about that gun is the price. I've never seen Hickok miss so much with any pistol. Also his difficulty with slide use. Breakdown sucks too. Very heavy and as big as the G19 with only 8 rounds.

Reactions: FullClip

· Registered
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Someone on a Glock forum knocking the aesthetics of another pistol is kinda funny.
Glocks are gorgeous compared to that gun. Add in I don't feel Glocks are that ugly. Not nearly as beautiful as my VP9SK but not that bad. :)
I feel Walther PPS pistols are ugly too.

· NRA Benefactor
6,092 Posts
I bought a Hi-Point carbine in ,40 S&W caliber to test. The rifle functions extremely positive. I fired many rounds of factory police issue ammo in the Hi-Point carbine . I then began increasing hand loads to see how long the little rifle would hold together. I did not take long for the hand loads to crash the HP carbine, The good news is we contacted the HP Mother ship and they sent us a new bolt extractor etc free of charges.
I would not recommend reloading the HP carbine with any pressure increases. I now intend to buy an HP Carbine in 10MM caliber not for testing.

· Registered
10,546 Posts
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Shotgun

• Haha
Reactions: BigT1956 and Rocks

· Registered
28,543 Posts
I bought a Hi-Point carbine in ,40 S&W caliber to test. The rifle functions extremely positive. I fired many rounds of factory police issue ammo in the Hi-Point carbine . I then began increasing hand loads to see how long the little rifle would hold together. I did not take long for the hand loads to crash the HP carbine, The good news is we contacted the HP Mother ship and they sent us a new bolt extractor etc free of charges.
I would not recommend reloading the HP carbine with any pressure increases. I now intend to buy an HP Carbine in 10MM caliber not for testing.
My 4095 cracked the frame 2x - HiPoint fixed it both times and the second time I sold it without ever shooting it again.

Loved Wolf steel case ammo -

I was big into 40 S&W pistols and it was a hoot to shoot.

I always had someone come up and ask me "What is that?"

I would let them shoot a mag and they always left smiling.

I think I paid $140 for it and it came with a scope that I still use on a Ruger 10/22 carbine - sold it for more than I paid for it so how can I complain.

Back then when HiPoint returned a gun after a repair they gave you a free mag - I always thought that was cool.

· DEPLORABLE ME!
12,217 Posts
No, just no.

· Premium Member
11,731 Posts
Don’t dismiss Hi-Point that quickly. I understand they offer a open gun.
Flared mag well for better grip.
Silicon carbide for exceptional grip
Red dot for faster acquisitions.
Extra long beaver tail for those really big hands
Slide lightened
And lastly accessory rail if need be for defensive light/laser use.

View attachment 1172871
I was going to defend it some more, but that thing has no excuse. Someone was trying to make it ugly (er).

· Registered
5,223 Posts
Don’t dismiss Hi-Point that quickly. I understand they offer a open gun.
Flared mag well for better grip.
Silicon carbide for exceptional grip
Red dot for faster acquisitions.
Extra long beaver tail for those really big hands
Slide lightened
And lastly accessory rail if need be for defensive light/laser use.

View attachment 1172871
That's a dope Glock, gangsta. Why the racist popo's have to take it from you?

· Registered
69 Posts
I personally would not own anything Hi Point made. I was at the range with a buddy around 2002 that had just purchased a brand new Hi point 9mm from the range we were at. He also purchased a new box of factory ammo from the range. On his 3rd shot the barrel split length wise. The range always kept their Hi point pistols in a separate case with fake gold jewelry and other bling away from the name brand guns. We always considered them to be for someone that would commit a crime and toss it away. Maybe they are making them better today but their prices don't show it. I wouldn't even chance it.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts