One Touch backup on external drives

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DiverDn, Mar 30, 2007.

1. DiverDn

DiverDn Diver Down

I'm helping an uncle put some backup protection on his system and it needs to be as simple as possible. He wants to backup docs and pics only.

I will set up the software to backup his files and then I want the HD to only backup changes to these directorys.

Does anyone have a reccomendation on one of the one touch drives or software over another?

2. GotGlock1917

GotGlock1917 Lifetime Member

I'm currently using a Seagate 500GB external with CMS Backup Express. The Backup Express came with the drive. It can be upgraded to a more capable version for a price. I'm still just using Express.

There is one button on the drive. You press and hold briefly to turn it on. After it is on, one short tap of the button starts the backup software. Click ok and it adds any new files or changed files to the backup set.

My Seagate uses USB or Firewire. I bought it from Newegg.com for $238 but didn't really need a 500GB. You can get something a lot cheaper.

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

4. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

ZoneAlarm has come out with a nice looking backup software, I have not tried it yet but love their Internet security suite.

Turbo Backup

5. DiverDn

DiverDn Diver Down

Thanks for the suggestions guys.