Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
G43 Fanboy
2,271 Posts
Not only will the Glock eat el crapo ammo - it will do so trouble free without any jams, cleaning or special attention. It is a supreme bullet launcher.
I have shot more than 5K rounds of steel cased ammo through my G43 - mostly Russian made and some US made - with no hiccup. I have also shot more rounds of aluminum cased ammo through the same gun and through other Glocks I own. They are in fact very effective bullet launchers!

I carry Glocks because they are super durable and reliable rounds after rounds after rounds…. I also like Glocks because they are stupid easy to maintain.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I really like how I can drop in parts and get the gun working in 5 minutes or less.

I appreciate how long the magazines last.

·
Director of civil unrest
11,235 Posts
The G19 is one of a few guns I actually trust my life to. Fits me perfectly, has enough capacity to make me feel good and I know I can hit targets with great ease with it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree with much of the OP's statement. Love my harem of Glocks and they are what guards me and my family almost always. But I do not find the statement concerning 1911 makers to be accurate. Custom Alchemy Prime Elite has only seen Wolf steel case; multiple Springfield TRP's and a V12 thousands of steel cased ball; S&W 1911SC lots of steel cased. My Glocks, including Gen 5's (I believe G45 is a Gen 5) and slimline, all have over 100k of steel cased ammo. Very few malfunctions and it is usually the ammo that is the culprit. I've never broken or worn out an extractor on a Glock using steel either. I did expect the steel case to wear out the extractor. Hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
my only hiccups have been my own fault, dialing in reloads. I've never shot a factory round they wouldn't eat. at least to my recollection.

I love my glocks. only pistols I own. and own a lot of them. still want more. carry at work, home, and off the clock. Would hate to go to a different platform. i look at other sites like CZ, HK, SW, etc. I appreciate their offerings. but often do not like lack of options (esp. w/ calibers). or price. I just stick with what I know. Cut my teeth on glocks, carried em for years, don't see myself changing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have had the best luck with Glocks over the years. Dependable, accurate, Leo trades cheap and for me they all shoot the same. Good. I have other brands but I trust my G26 and the 43. I want the 19x that i looked at today.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have one Glock; a G29, because I prefer 10mm concealed SD carry,
and nobody else makes a comparable compact which can handle the
"hot" loads I use, and do it as well.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts