close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One proud parent!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by rohanreginald, Mar 11, 2010.

1. rohanreginald

rohanreginald Novice

I just received some new accesories in the mail yesterday for a Kel-Tec PF9. So I pulled out the gun and my magazines for it. I started to take the magazines apart and my 4yo asked if he could touch the gun.

Evertime he wants to touch or see a gun I always go over the safety rules first. Then I check to make sure it is unloaded. And finally I drop everything I am doing and supervise while he handles it.

So yesterday when asked to see the gun, I asked him what are the rules and he proudly told me the safety rules without any help :supergrin:. He then handled it for maybe two minutes and gave it back.

I am just beaming in pride that he knows basic safety rules for guns. By the way the first rule is that if he sees a gun, he is to tell an adult and then ask me or his mom if he can touch it. That one especailly makes me proud that he knows it.

2. JASV.17

JASV.17 Prime Example

Excellent dad!

That's how it was when I was growing up. Never the need to snoop to see the guns. Want to see them, just ask. As it will be in my house with my kids.