One Pistol+multiple carry options

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Bobcatbaseball35, Jul 9, 2019.

1. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

For me, a G26 worn IWB does almost everything. Any cover garment works - jacket, lab coat at work, tail-out shirt. When a cover garment isn't feasible, I have a Sig P238 for pocket carry. That happens once a week or so on average.

ithaca_deerslayer likes this.
  2. Orive 8

Orive 8

My wife made the switch to the Glock 26 in 2005 (lots of different carry guns before then from 1985 on). She has only carried/used/trained with the Glock 26 since then. She carries daily in a FIST ultra thin IWB kydex holster, 1 1/4" belt and Comp Tac single mag pouch.

She does have a belly band, fanny pack, purse and Kramer belt scabbard OWB holster for other carry options, but the FIST is on her from sunup to sundown every day.

She learned long ago to buy her clothes with CCW in mind, everything she buys to wear is with concealment in mind. As she has told more than a few people over the years, it can be done, one just has to want to do it.

fredj338 and ithaca_deerslayer like this.

3. ExecutiveWill

ExecutiveWill

For me it’s always generally the Glock 19. I can wear it comfortably even with shorts and a t-shirt with no printing. If I’m truly going deep concealment I will sometimes opt for my Shield.

xTerpx likes this.
  4. Belchfire

Belchfire

I would say my g48 but if I needed pocket carry "depending how big of pocket"
    I would pick my 365 or kimber micro 9 or colt mustang

5. hardluk1

hardluk1

My first primary carry was a officers model back around '88 but when the 40sw came out and spending time with local smithy that built a 40sw 1911 I changed to a firestar M40 for carry . It was far more reliable than the officers model when HP was used .

I've stayed with a 40sw since as a primary carry BUT I needed a at work smaller pistol , something I could pocket as a carpenter so I had a snubby for years then a cm9 kahr till I retired .

The firestar after some 13 years was replaced with a tp40 kahr also untill retirement .

I have a s&w 669 , great compact but just never took to it is a primary cc but still have it .

Last almost 5 years has been a p320c 40sw for 4.5 and now a family traded m&p 4.25 40sw with thumb safety and apex fss trigger but also have another 1911 , a 45acp lw commander .

Still have the snubby and cm9 but they just hang around now , used to help others learn to shoot smaller pistols and ccw test time . Son in law carries the tp40 . I miss the M40 and officers model but that's life !!

I carry at 3:00 high on my side and all though I'm not a well build slender guy , more on the old fart chubby side at 5-9 215lb I can conceal the commander , m&p 4.25 or p320c under a a Carhart force t-shirt well enough I still have a couple friends I know for some years that still don't know I carry .

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

It’s amazing how people delude themselves to justify their choices, isn’t it? Some people think they need the most massive bullet, others the most velocity, and others are fine with the least of both.

Darkangel1846 likes this.
  7. fredj338

fredj338

It all comes down to what you can deliver good hits with in a hurry. Some people can do,it with bigger bullets & more recoil, most can't. No problem, just go with what you can deliver those hits with. Smaller the caliber the more important the bullet is.

8. FAS1

FAS1

You can solve that wear issue very easily as I did. Just fold up a small piece of cloth (I used an eyeglass cleaning cloth) and place it in the bottom of the holster for the muzzle to sit on. It will slightly raise the gun and relieve the pressure from the corner on the front of the slide on the SmartCarry.

9. Velvetfoot

Velvetfoot

I've been carrying my P365 in an Alabama kydex pocket holster just about every waking hour. I find it very comfortable and don't think it prints too much in the cargo pants I usually wear. I try to walk 9 holes of golf every day and get drippingly wet sometimes. I can't imagine adding something sweat-absorbing and bulky.

A plus for the P365 is that it maximizes the mag limit capacity in my stupid state.

Edit: Let me say also that a laser (I have a green Lima365) adds very little bulk and weight, and if nothing else, provides a little more real estate for the off hand.

10. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Over the last 30+ years I've carried many different types of handguns in many Cal. Everything from .22's to .38 derringer to a .44 magnum in a shoulder holster. I even carried a .25 cal. Pen gun. I find that there is only one type of handgun I can carry everyday no matter what I'm wearing and that is a front pocket gun. My current one is a .380 LCP. I even practice lifting my leg and firing through my pocket, I use old shorts or jeans to practice that Technique.
    If you live in a 4 season state your daily dress changes. So you have to modify your carry for quick access. The only one handgun I can carry everyday, no matter the conditions is that little .380 in the front pocket. Of course I do have access to a much larger back up handgun. Remember JMHO