close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One of those days....

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by ahtsay, Sep 30, 2006.

1. ahtsay

ahtsay

Hello guys, I just want to share what happened today. For some strange reason, today was one of those days that I should have just stayed in bed. Anyways we decided to join the MPSAI clubshoot today. I was the designated driver so I'm supposed to pick up 2 shooting buddies before going to Malabon. After picking up my first friend, I realized I left my gun at home. (Can you imagine? You're going to the shooting range and you leave your gun AT HOME???!!! Siguro I can understand pag earplugs, maybe your shooting glasses...but your FIREARM???!! GEEZ!!:shocked: ) Anyways, I waste like 30 mins going back home to get the FA, no big deal.... We arrive at the range, walang tao, it was about 930-10am. We walked through the stages and planned how to shoot them. The first stage was basic; free-style, kneel and prone, 3 paper targets at 25 yards, Virginia. Had a mike....ok lang, I made up one extra shot on my last position, so could have been 2 mikes without it. On the second stage, my friend goes first, after a few shots he jams....tried his best to clear it until someone said "Squib??"...so the RO stops his run. Squib nga. He was lucky cuz the bullet jammed near the breach so the second round couldn't load. Kung pumasok yun, patay! So I go next, I was still pissed after that mike so I want to do well on this 2nd stage....after a few shots, same thing....I experience a jam, FTF, so I released the magazine and insert a new one, rack the slide...ayaw pumasok! I check the chamber....SH@T! I had a squib also! :shocked: What are the odds that 2 consecutive shooters experience a squib using 2 different reloaders?? It was downhill for me after that. My gun started jamming (FTF) in the last 2 stages and I was really nervous, everytime I pull the trigger I was scared the gun might KA-BOOM on me. My extractor was loose so after every 2 shots I would FTE/FTF. I was clearing the gun after every few shots while scared that it might be a squib. I was glad there were only 4 stages. I was really glad na tapos na, dugo-dugo yung daliri ko sa kaka clear, laging sumasabit sa bomar. So I packed up and went to my friend's house to eat lunch...happy that its over....but is it? My car was parked outside...I had this strange feeling that I didn't lock the door, so I got out and checked it was locked naman...paranoid lang. After a nice lunch, it was time for me to go home...mga 3:30 na yun. I go home and open the trunk to unload my gear....where's my guncase? :brickwall: I left it at the range!!!!...in MALABON....i live in San Juan!!!!! Grabe! Its just one of those days. :sad: Had to drive another hour to get there, and then another hour to get back. :upeyes:

In any case I would like to take this opportunity to thank the guys at MPSAI. My FA was safe and sound. Thanks so much to Ben, Benny, kuya Edgar and especially Bong, the RO that found my FA and secured it. I really believe that if it was in another club, baka naging chop-chop na yung FA ko. Anyways, I hope this has not been boring. I really just wanted you guys to know what the people at MPSAI did, and how grateful I am to them.

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

jeezus juice! mag ginko biloba ka as gundog would say.:animlol:

anyway, i'm glad your blaster is still okay.:thumbsup:

as for your fingers....time will heal it :tongueout:

3. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

nangyari na rin yan sa akin. drove all the way to bulacan, yun pala hindi ko dala FA ko! buti na lang gundog and i use the same LDA sa PD so para kaming mga engot nagpapalitan ng pistol every stage.

4. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Siguro nakipag-meeting ka kina Johnnie Walker, Jack Daniels or San Miguel the night before.:supergrin: Buti na lang hindi nawala FA mo, gasoline lang. Swerte at mababait din tao dyan sa Malabon.

5. Pepe308

Pepe308 Noypi

Sana tinext mo ko bro, medyo nagtagal pa ko dun dahil nanood pa ko ng ilang shooters. I saw the guncase pero di ko ginalaw since may mga shooters inakala kong sa kanila. Anyway, nademoralized ka lang kaya ganun... something to tell your grandchildren someday! ;) YOu know what happened to me, pareho lang tayo, booseetttt! :sad:

6. royal glockster

royal glockster

Good grace! buti na lang di ka nadisgrasya bro!, i suppose minamalas ka lang talaga on that day. As for your bleeding hand due to squarish edge of your bomar, i suggest you should have it rounded by your gunsmith, delikado talagang makasugat yan (patay-kanto lang ika nga..)

Stay safe and happy shooting.:)

7. toxic

toxic

S_ _ t happens to good people everytime...good thing mababait mga taga malabon..(One eye:thumbsup:)coz you got your stuff back.

lesson learned from your experience ..wag pupunta sa gyera ng walang kargada..joke lang brod and seriously buti naman OK ka...sabi nga ng mga vets and top shooters kailangan may checklist ka para 100% ready, but wala namang perpectong tao..in one of the match i joined, nakalitan ko cap ko ..ayon nagkaletse letse laru ko cap lang yun, from then on 4 x ko check ang gear ko bago lumabas ng bahay.

8. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

ahts,

is it pressure?:tongueout: easy easy ka lang kasi eh...loosen up a bit, if malfs occur learn from it and see what's needed to be done so u won't make the same mistake or if it's gun related u know who to run to :supergrin: sya na bahala...kasi naman eh gamitin mo na ung isa para walang ganyang problem :supergrin: hehehe gamitin mo muna mga mags ko...ask him to trim off the edges of the sight na para d na sumabit.

see u soon bro!!

9. ahtsay

ahtsay

Thanks mga bro for the kind words. Masama lang siguro gising ko that day. I passed by TW kahapon to get some reloads and tamang tama nandoon si Roland. So I told him na I experienced a squib; I told him in a way that was not accusing, I just told him that I had a squib from him and that its ok...it happens. Ok naman yung reaction niya. He was sincerely concerned, he even got the guy who reloaded my ammo and asked what could have happened. He explained na may powder sensor naman daw and he can't explain why something like that happened. Tapos he gave me a discount on some Arredondo followers. :tongueout: hehehe!! Seems like a good guy to talk to.

J I don't want to use my other blaster until I change the magwell kasi baka magas-gas eh. :supergrin: Pero if I do get desperate, tapos hinde maayos yung Para, I might take you up on your offer dude. :thumbsup:

DOC EC, haven't seen you in ages, kailan tayo putok or practice?

Pepe, weird noh? Nag t text text tayo ng hapon, hinde ko pa alam na naiwan ko pala FA ko. Gingko biloba na nga ako!

10. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Great story with a happy ending. :supergrin:

Naguumpisa ka ng mahawa sa kangongo-an. :animlol:

11. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

grabe yan ashtay

but nyc to hear u and ur friend are ok ingat ulit next tym

and relax

12. Single Stacker

Single Stacker

Nice to know that everything turned out well without anybody being seriously hurt and nothing lost except pride hehehehe.

Anyway let me share something I picked up that I think can also apply to us shooters.

Regards,

Stress Management

A lecturer, when explaining stress management to an audience, raised a glass of water and asked, "How heavy is this glass of water?" Answers called out ranged from 20g to 500g.

The lecturer replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long you try to hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm. If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance. In each case, it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

He continued, "And that's the way it is with stress management. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on. As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden.

So, before you return home tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry it home. You can pick it up tomorrow. Whatever burdens you're carrying now, let them down for a moment if you can. "Relax; pick them up later after you've rested. Life is short. Enjoy it!"

13. EL_DIABLO888

EL_DIABLO888 GTRISKELION

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice Advice..I just needed it...

DVC