Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

One more Prize thx to my trusty GLOCK 17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Coolknight, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Coolknight

So this Saturday I went to a small local shooting competition, and I managed to win a prize in the 25m rapid fire competition. In the 50m competition I just missed it by 2 points... more about that later.

I hesitated to take my GLOCK 17 because a couple of weeks ago I had a terrible day in an other competition... shoot a 105/150 in a 25m rapid fire competition, was very disapointed about that. However, this was after work and I did not expect to shoot a competition that day.

After this low score, I decided to swap out the 3.5Lbs discon. and refit the std. discon. mainly because I felt that the release point was too vague for 5 shoot strings.

Thursday this week I then compared my scores with my GLOCK 17 and my SIG P210... while I was able to shoot better groups with the P210 (had 3 10s in a row at 50m at then end of my 50m practice that day), on average my scores with the GLOCK 17 were more consitant. I also adjusted the rear sight of my GLOCK a bit, I was shooting somewhat to the left, after adjustment was back center.

For this Saturdays match I took the GLOCK 17 mainly for two reasons, I am more consitant with it and it is less ammo sensitive then the P210 which is very sensitive to ammo and shifts its point of impact with the ammo, by as much as 8 inches... leff, up, down or right.

So here is how it went:

First I shoot the 50m competition: 2 Practice, 10 shoots in 60sec ea
    2 Practice shoots: 9, 9
    10 shots: 4, 9, 10, 9, 8, 7, 9, 8, 9, 8
    Total 81/100; 83 needed for prize...
    I shoot that 4 cause I lost my concentration for a few seconds... had a Sprite few minutes earlier... you get the idea. After I shoot the 4, my goal was to reach at least 80 points, so I was happy with the 81. So much about sodas right before a contest... next time I wait a few minutes extra ;Q

Then I shoot the 25m rapid fire competition:
    5 practice in 50 seconds: 8,9,9,10,9
    5 in 50 seconds: 6,9,8,8,8
    5 in 40 seconds: 10, 10, 10, 9, 10
    5 in 30 seconds: 10, 9, 10, 9, 10
    Total 136/150; 136 needed for prize ;a

The 6 was the direct result of jerking the trigger... felt it was no good.

We were two shooting the 25m at the same time, the other guy was shooting a P210 and scored 132. Did better then him. :cool:

So, this is the second prize I win with my GLOCK 17, must say that I am more then pleased. After all this, many folks at the range had a long look at my GLOCK 17, I guess that my scores showed that it is not only tough and reliable but also plenty accurate. The range master also verified that I had the Swiss proofing marks needed to qualify it for all official events done with Swiss ordnance pistols, which it has.

I am happy!!!