One more dumb question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by twag4, Mar 27, 2010.

1. twag4

twag4

My G22 3rd gen has the same serial number for slide and frame, but barrel is different. I bought the gun new in box. From what I have read, all three should have same serial number? Is this correct? I bought the gun with a dealer installed ghost ring sight, I asked about this earlier in the week. Nobody wanted the sight so he sold the gun to me for a really good deal around here. The gun has nearly 1500 rounds through it and it has functioned flawlessly. But should all have the same serial number?

2. G20gunner

G20gunner

Yes, the frame, slide, and barrel should have the same serial number. I doubt it left the factory that way. Someone probably changed it out for some reason.

G20gunner:wavey:

3. glockjeeper

glockjeeper G19/J Frame fan

Yes, it should have the same on all three. How far off was it? One digit? If so, I've seen that on here over the years. Stuff happens at the factory and they get mixed up, but they are usually one off. Most times a dealer gets more than one of the same model in they will have consecutive serial numbers. If you had said something back when you first bought it I bet the correct barrel could have been there.
    In the end, it doesn't mean squat since the frame is all that matters where the law is concerned. And Glocks are 100% interchangeable, between like calibers/models, so reliablility won't be affected.

4. twag4

twag4

slide and frame are FKLxxx, barrel is FBBxxx

5. twag4

twag4

It had all of the copper stuff lube on it. The breech looked brand spankin new, maybe the dealer did a swap for some reason. It clearly had not been fired. I have been around 1911's, taurus, and ruger for a long time, but this is my first and only glock (FOR NOW). I do love it and I intend to extend the collection when money is more available. Anyway, gun is great.

6. AustinTx

AustinTx

Isn't that a Frank'n Glock? They should match. The replacement frames under the "E" recall just had 1 added as a prefix.

7. glockjeeper

glockjeeper G19/J Frame fan

Its hard to say what happened. That is off pretty far. Don't worry about it, it obviously shoots good for you after 1500rds. Its too late to do anything with the dealer since you've shot it so just enjoy it now.

8. twag4

twag4

Not too worried then. I did not realize at the time that it was an issue. I have seen other manufacturers with non matching numbers on everything. Until GlockTalk I really did not know much about glocks, just wanted one...now two,three,four...

9. AustinTx

AustinTx

Putting the S/N on the frame, slide and barrel has pretty well been a European thing. I'm not surprised that someone didn't notice that, when they bought the gun.

10. bentbiker

bentbiker

Does the S/N on envelope for the test fired cases match the frame, the barrel, or neither?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010