One Less Idiot on the Road.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by FullClip, Feb 15, 2013.

1. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Heading to work this morning. About 7:10, so it's still dark, roads slippery with ice. Two land road with low snow banks on the shoulders. Car ahead of me is doing about 60KMH, so I follow behind about a 9 iron behind. Only have another 1/2 mile to the turn into the site road.

An idiot who works at same place flies up behind me, and passes me and the car ahead....then looses the show. Swerved a little then into a spin, does a full 360 and ends up in the pucker-brush on the left side of the road.

The guy is always driving like a mainiac and lots of people have mentioned how he'll pass you to get ahead even within a few hundred yards of the turn into work.

He wasn't hurt, but his older Mercedes wagon is pretty screwed up. Ripped the tires off the rim, exhaust and undercarriage damage, driver side dents from the bushes he slid into....so he's off the road for a while.

Am I being a jerk kinda' smiling about it??

2. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

3. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

I'm smiling just hearing about so don't feel guilty.

4. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

In the Eastern Bloc and no video camera on your car??? What if a meteor shower started????

5. Z71bill

Z71bill

Reminds me of the time --

I was in my full size 4x4 - on a 2 lane (55 MPH speed limit) - only a few patches of snow & ice on the road - but the ditches were full of snow - a small car ahead of me was going really slow.

I considered passing a few times - but the road was full of twists - not worth it.

Some guy pulls up behind me in a Mustang - immediately starts honking his horn - I look back at him in my RV and he looks mad as hell. :upeyes:

I think - what does he expect me to do - run over the guy ahead of me.

After about 1/2 a mile he is honking and giving me the bird.:wavey:

Then he gets his nerve up and pulls into the left lane - he is going to burn around me - honking and flipping me the bird as he goes by - :rofl:

But his plan to "cut right in front" of me is not a good one - because there is still that small car right in front of me.

He sees the car just in time :shocked:- and swerves back to the left - his tire goes off the edge of the road into some snow and it jerks him off the road into a ditch full of snow. :rofl:

I stopped and ask him if he was OK - he said he was not hurt.

I was LOL as I drove away - :rofl:

6. jfost11

jfost11

Last week, my wife was driving home on a 55 mph, 4 lane road with a large median. It's completely flat in this area and on a straight section just before a slight bend to the left. Several fire trucks and police cars drew her attention to the right where she notices a car somehow left the road and wedged itself about three feet off of the ground in between two trees. I'm sorry I missed it.

7. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Not at all.

I probably would have stopped and taken pictures while laughing. Then drive off. I can't stand people like that.

8. ray9898

ray9898

I would have made it clear I was amused that his crappy driving caught up to him.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  9. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

"Am I being a jerk kinda' smiling about it??"

To the OP ........ you are not being a jerk at all. That driver puts everyone in danger.

10. Just_plinking

Just_plinking

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

You are not being a jerk.

Few years back a guy in a F150 was doing ~75mph on a 45mph road, while it was sleeting/snowing. I was doing 35, and thinking about what soaps to use in getting the skid marks out of my underpants.

I called the cops to report this dude driving in a grossly unsafe manner. It was also a bit foggy/dark, he goes around the bend as I am on the phone, I tell the 911 operator to forget the report, he is in a ditch ahead.

I did not scoff, as all of my faculties were geared towards keeping my car on the road in the driving sleet/windstorm.

12. okie

okie GT Mayor

I hope that cat learned something:supergrin:

13. janice6

janice6

One of the benefits of living in Minnesota and commuting is that you get to see some natural selection occur in the Winter.

The more aggressive, the further into the ditch they go.

I drove a full size 4 X 4 for 40 years on my commute. I used to tell them at work I would never be the first into work, but I would always get there. Borne out in practice over the years.

14. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

He wasn't hurt, but his older Mercedes wagon is pretty screwed up. Ripped the tires off the rim, exhaust and undercarriage damage, driver side dents from the bushes he slid into....so he's off the road for a while.

I would guess he has a rental (that he will drive even harder) by close of work today.
    I don't even stop for idiots anymore. I just slow slow down, see if they look ok. Then drive on. Othewise they try to make THEIR STUPIDITY my problem. "can't you pull me out? Take me to pick up my kids/take them to my EX (before I get in trouble with judge) and then take me to wrecker." (all have happened, just not at same time.)

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    At least no cop was there to hand out a revenue ticket.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

16. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

Shows how much GTers understand.

60kmh is about 37mph. Not exactly going exceedingly fast on snow.

And for our friend that LEO in MN, you should keep you ignorance to yourself. In Europe speeding is generally not even worthy of the legal/court system and is simply a bureaucratic function of govt.

17. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

I havent seen a rental Mercedes that was "older'. Maybe if you mean last years model is "older"

18. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Don't know about you, but I'll have my house paid off in no time with all the tickets I've written this week.

:whistling:

19. TK-421

TK-421

Nope, not at all being a jerked about it. I would've slowed down, asked if he was okay, and if he was okay, then I would've done a Nelson "HA HA!" and kept driving to work. If the idiot wants to be an idiot, he can deal with the consequences on his own. As long as he's okay enough to call for a wrecker.

20. jfost11

jfost11

I believe his comment means the guy that wrecked the older Mercedes will have a rental to replace it by the end of the day.