Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One Handed Racking, Help Wanted.
Hard to rack sometimes, my G44 has sloped adjustable rear sights.
Did a search but nothing stood out as a way to go.

Are plain old Glock plastic rear sights the way to go?

Not a inertia-ninja like this guy but sure is fun to watch,

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
With steel sights, you can use the sides of your pants. I've done it quite easily many times before training one handed shooting + reloads. Not sure on the G44 with the polymer slide or sights, might damage it.

·
Registered
14,063 Posts
I do think though if someone took enough training courses to get into those outside the box methods their questions would be answered in the process.

direct quote from a training facility “you WILL NOT arise to the occasion, rather you will fall to your level of training”. Sorry.

·
2,170 Posts
...Direct quote from a training facility “you WILL NOT arise to the occasion, rather you will fall to your level of training...”
...that you have mastered.

Reactions: indivi

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the Steel Sights suggestion.
The G44 has G19 sight slot dimensions so steel sights are an easy option.
Really like the way Red dot sights are rackable, no known options for red dots on the polymer G44 slide as yet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do think though if someone took enough training courses to get into those outside the box methods their questions would be answered in the process.

direct quote from a training facility “you WILL NOT arise to the occasion, rather you will fall to your level of training”. Sorry.
At first hated my G44, every imaginable problem, jams, stove pipe, failure to close, etc.
In reflection and as it was used I thought what a gift, Never had so many problems in a row to solve in one shooting session. And 22 ammo is much cheaper the 9mm.
It did not take long to work out the problems, really appreciate it now.

·
Read Only
137 Posts
I have Heinie Ledge Straight Eight sights. The Ledge model is made for just that purpose; one hand racking of the slide off of a belt, boot sole, other hard edge, etc.

·
MacGyver
8,101 Posts
holsters, belts, , watch bands, sides of tables or doors, shoe tops or soles...how "sloped" can the sights be that they don't offer enough friction for the lightweight slide? Push harder.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The rear sight of my Trijicon HD XR sights work great off my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk

·
Scottish Member
12,871 Posts
With steel sights, you can use the sides of your pants. I've done it quite easily many times before training one handed shooting + reloads. Not sure on the G44 with the polymer slide or sights, might damage it.
My meprolight steel fixed sights work pretty well for one handed slide manipulation.

Reactions: indivi

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Except the polymer slide's dovetail is much less forgiving than the carbon steel dovetail found on other slides.

I personally would not bother on a G44. If you find yourself needing to shoot one handed because of an injury by another shooter, and you have a G44, not only were you already having a bad day to start with but you're probably getting ready to take a trip to the afterlife with some valuable past life experiences in why carrying a .22 LR for defense is not the wisest choice to make. These types of techniques are more so for defensive purposes with something that is set up for it and is meant more so for slingshot operation but certainly can be done with a closed slide with more force. While it can be done with stock plastic sights on a steel slide, the sights are not difficult to push out of the dovetail by hand. Doing this with a polymer slide and you mess the dovetail up, you now have a slide with no rear sight.

The stock adjustable rear sight can be thrown off or damaged with one handed snag operation.

I use Tritium Battlehook night sights on my G19.4 and my G34.4 and that forward hook on the rear sight is perfect for grabbing a hold of my pant leg or really anything else, even from a closed slide.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Except the polymer slide's dovetail is much less forgiving than the carbon steel dovetail found on other slides.

I personally would not bother on a G44. If you find yourself needing to shoot one handed because of an injury by another shooter, and you have a G44, not only were you already having a bad day to start with but you're probably getting ready to take a trip to the afterlife with some valuable past life experiences in why carrying a .22 LR for defense is not the wisest choice to make. These types of techniques are more so for defensive purposes with something that is set up for it and is meant more so for slingshot operation but certainly can be done with a closed slide with more force. While it can be done with stock plastic sights on a steel slide, the sights are not difficult to push out of the dovetail by hand. Doing this with a polymer slide and you mess the dovetail up, you now have a slide with no rear sight.

The stock adjustable rear sight can be thrown off or damaged with one handed snag operation.

I use Tritium Battlehook night sights on my G19.4 and my G34.4 and that forward hook on the rear sight is perfect for grabbing a hold of my pant leg or really anything else, even from a closed slide.
G44 or the Glock .22 is light and just right for these old hands. It has grown on me. Doing the diligence on this to make it work.
Just bought 1,000 rounds of .22 that will do very well in denim and gel for short money. Maybe time to do a little youboob viewing on .22 ballistics. These ammo manufacturers are working overtime to improve their products.
No if'n something really needed stopping up close and personal the old 1911 has sights of steel and racks back single handed just fine, just saying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts