GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Who knows what the future holds, but for legal, economic and/or other reasons, if things became so desperate that you had to go down to one gun, what would it be and why? Whatever you choose (pistol, rifle, shotgun etc.), it has to be from your current inventory. If you want to also add a gun you don't currently own but you'd like for that situation, certainly mention that as well.
It would be my Glock 23 gen 3. This gun has proven itself with thousands of rounds shot .

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
My choice as well. I don't carry it but I certainly could. It really does it all.
It’s the best combination of concealment, accuracy and reliability.

My second choice would be a Glock 19X. I have two of those.

I have every 40 S&W, 9 mm model and one 45 ACP Glock 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
... you had to go down to one gun, what would it be and why?
Where I currently live and being a senior the best choice is my Glock 19.

When I lived in downtown Los Angeles a Remington 870 loaded with 00 buckshot.

When I lived on a horse ranch, AK-47

·
NRA Life Member
5,541 Posts
My well broken in and well worn 12 gauge Remington 870.

If I could get greedy and keep a second gun it would be a .22LR, most likely my Marlin 39A or XT-22.

Reactions: BDM71

·
Registered
347 Posts
Only one gun? My G19.4 would fit the bill nicely. It is concealable when needed, ammo is easier to find, plenty of mag options, and I have a CAA MicroConversionKit for when having to reach out a little farther.

Then again, maybe one of my Taurus guns just to piss some people off.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Who knows what the future holds, but for legal, economic and/or other reasons, if things became so desperate that you had to go down to one gun, what would it be and why? Whatever you choose (pistol, rifle, shotgun etc.), it has to be from your current inventory. If you want to also add a gun you don't currently own but you'd like for that situation, certainly mention that as well.
First choice is a Glock19. Second choice is a SIG 228.

·
In The Saddle
7,135 Posts
There is nothing I cannot bring down with this Hog leg...

And the Ar-15 will do all I need for violent bad guys and tons of ammo I have and about 40, 30 and 40rd Magpul mags I have... Some loaded now and on stand by. ;)

I guess only ONE, I'd keep my Remington 870. from shot to heavy slugs, I could live off this, and SD as well...

CM
:horse:

DSCN1555 - Copy.JPG

IMG_6289 - Copy.jpg

Reactions: BDM71

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Well, I don't have many, so I guess the G19.

But, depending on the situation, are we talking wild west, no rules, every man for himself?

An AR 15 would suit as an all purpose rifle, in defense and large game, but would make a mess of small game.

So, if food was more a priority over defense, maybe a 10/22. Would still take down game and bad guys with a headshot.

But in a close quarters environment, maybe a pistol would be better. In which case, I'd go with a common 9mm, which brings me back to the G19.

But again, if food is the focus, and defense, there's a lot of geese around here, so maybe a shotgun would be better.

Ideally, I need four. 9mm pistol, AR 15, 22lr rifle and a shotgun.

Which one can suit all four purposes? Maybe the shotgun.

Reactions: CanyonMan and BDM71
61 - 80 of 144 Posts