Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
21,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pocket carry Glock 26 or Glock 43. Just want one for year around use. Is the difference in weight and size signficant?

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
I don't know about your pockets but mine are full with my G42. A G43 will be a stretch, literally. A G26 and people would ask me if I'm happy to see them.

Granted I'm wearing shorts 12 month straight, even in those few weeks we get to see the 50s.

If you can make a G43 fit, I'd wait for more feedback on the new P365. Same size, 4 more rounds.

·
21,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know about your pockets but mine are full with my G42. A G43 will be a stretch, literally. A G26 and people would ask me if I'm happy to see them.

Granted I'm wearing shorts 12 month straight, even in those few weeks we get to see the 50s.

If you can make a G43 fit, I'd wait for more feedback on the new P365. Same size, 4 more rounds.
I'm 6'5, large framed if that makes a difference. Are the G42 and G43 that much different?

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
I'm 6'5, large framed if that makes a difference. Are the G42 and G43 that much different?

In my case it would, because the G42 is really on the edge for pocket carry and the shorts I wear. That being said, I'm "only" 6'1" @ 200 pounds. Your average pockets should be bigger. In that case a G43 wouldn't be an issue.

·
21,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know the one of the VP's of Sig so I'll send him an email to see if he can send me one one the house, otherwise I'm pretty Glock loyal. Here in Maryland CC is pretty rare so the more concealed the better. I tried a number of holsters and they seem like they would always remind you that they are there regardless of position and IWB or OWB. I put a 43 in my pocket in an Uncle Mikes (?) pocket holster and I could easily have forgotten it was there.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
My opinion is that there isn't any way you can pocket carry a loaded G26+the trigger protector that it would take. I would get a 43 and try it. If it's too heavy you can trade it in on a 42. A 42 loaded with Buffalo bore +P hollow points is nothing to sneeze at.

·
Registered
965 Posts
My opinion is that there isn't any way you can pocket carry a loaded G26+the trigger protector that it would take. I would get a 43 and try it. If it's too heavy you can trade it in on a 42. A 42 loaded with Buffalo bore +P hollow points is nothing to sneeze at.
I'd sneeze at a .380 all year long. Mas Ayoob says that .380 is submarginal. 9mm is better.

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
6', 200. Live in Missouri. G20 it is. I sometimes pocket a SCCY 2. 9mm is bare minimum anywhere.

Reactions: dubito

·
rip "Bud"
10,907 Posts
P3AT,,, 365 bed time to bed time. If I feel I need more,,, I pop the G42 IWB beside it. If I want more, a couple mags in my offside pocket = 27 shots available each weapon. Mostly if I'm in public venues that attract vermin.

·
Banned
10,098 Posts
I'd sneeze at a .380 all year long. Mas Ayoob says that .380 is submarginal. 9mm is better.
.380 Underwood XPs flying at 1200 FPS. They even over penetrate by FBI standard.

I push the same projectile in my hand loads with LOVEX powder to 1300 FPS.

That's 300 FPS faster and energy-wise above your average 9mm Remington Golden Saber JHP factory ammo.

·
NRA Life Member
69,073 Posts
Pocket carry Glock 26 or Glock 43. Just want one for year around use. Is the difference in weight and size signficant?
Very significant. I've owned a 27 for about 20 years and rarely carried it, due to the weight and size. Since I got a 43, I carry it every day, year around. You can't see the difference on the internet, you need to pick them up.

·
21,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I appreciate everyone’s feedback. Sounds like the 43 will be the way to go.

Reactions: crockett

·
Registered
37,619 Posts
I dont pocket carry because I mostly wear jeans, so it would have to be a tiny mouse-gun, no thx. even in shorts, not hard to tote my g26 iwb.

Reactions: Glock Commander
1 - 20 of 29 Posts