Once again, the US lags behind (in layoffs/firings)

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by rj1939, Sep 27, 2015.

1. rj1939

rj1939

Where the movie "Poor White Trash" was filmed
    From Zero Hedge:
    In a move that would make even Hewlett-Packard's Meg Whitman blush, Harbin-based Heilongjiang Longmay Mining Holding Group, or Longmay Group, the biggest met coal miner in northeast China which has been struggling to reduce massive losses in recent months as a result of the commodity collapse, just confirmed China's "hard-landing" has arrived when it announced on its website it would cut 100,000 jobs or 40% of its entire 240,000-strong labor force.

2. akroguy

akroguy

Global collapse....coming soon to a theater near you.

3. rj1939

rj1939

Where the movie "Poor White Trash" was filmed
    Yeah, one layoff that makes JP Morgan, BofA, HP, Chase,..........................layoffs pale in comparison.

Is it just me,..........or does anybody else believe that a broad based commodity collapse telegraphs a horrific future?
    How do you have an economy without a fairly stable commodity market?

4. BORNGEARHEAD

BORNGEARHEAD

5. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

the economy as a whole is a joke as we all know how it's being propped up, I personally have witnessed more movement from my customers consolidating this year than ever before. Bigger companies are gobbling up their smaller competition, one company that produces plumbing fixtures just packed up and headed to mexico 2 months ago and another steel products mfr just outsourced to a Chinese producer. Our customer base spans coast to coast so ive seen this widely spread out, the cost of producing in this country is driving jobs out...and I attribute the recent movements to the obamacare mandate that starts in 2016 companies are prepping for.