On this day...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by KiloBravo, Feb 25, 2010.

1. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

On this day in 1836, Samuel Colt received the patent for the revolver! :wavey:

2. farley45

farley45

Kind of related to your topic, my grandmother bought me a book for my birthday years ago.

It was an "on this day" book which had all kinds of things that happend on my birthday. But, this book was only about things that happend on "my" birthday so it only included things from that exact date.

Pretty cool stuff, and interesting to read later on. She bought it for me when I was 18 I think, but I looked at it when I turned 21 and thought it was pretty neat.

3. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

I think I have one of those floating around somewhere too. They are really cool. It would be neat to look at 20 years from now.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  4. farley45

farley45

That is what I thought when I read through it a couple years ago. I am going to look at it when I turn 25, 30, and 40. Who knows if I will remember to check it out after those dates lol, but I'm sure it will be funny. When I looked at it a couple years ago I remember laughing at some of the stuff such as what gas prices were:shocked: