Glock Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well very recently I started a thread about a layaway I FINISHED for a KRISS 45 carbine... so today I started a 90 day layaway on a mossberg spx 930...

What the hell is my problem :wow::shocked::dunno:

· Lean & Mean
16,651 Posts
Lack of cash on hand?

· Registered
2,811 Posts
As long as you are paying your bills I see no problem. I have added a few guns this year, few guys at work as me every monday what I bought over the weekend. I am glad there is not a gun shop around me that does layaway, could be really really bad for me.

· Second2None
624 Posts
No problem at all. I do this also

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lack of cash on hand?
Haha trying to pace myself :supergrin:

As long as you are paying your bills I see no problem. I have added a few guns this year, few guys at work as me every monday what I bought over the weekend. I am glad there is not a gun shop around me that does layaway, could be really really bad for me.
Trust me.. I don't have anywhere decent near me doing layaways... I do it via mail order :thumbsup:

· ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ
3,488 Posts
Ummm, I've never understood the point of layaway. Why don't you just stick $50 a paycheck in a shoebox or whatever then pay cash locally? :dunno: You'll get a much better deal.

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ummm, I've never understood the point of layaway. Why don't you just stick $50 a paycheck in a shoebox or whatever then pay cash locally? :dunno: You'll get a much better deal.
Cause you know its there in the back with your name on it waiting... calling you :tongueout:

Plus can't get a "better" deal than I get... I pay best reasonable price that I cang get... places I do it aren't charging me a premium.

· Registered
2,811 Posts
I do this, but the layaway could be usefull too. Would if you walk in to look and pick up a box of ammo and they have a gun that you have been looking for at the right price? Could do layaway or a CC. Layaway would be the smarter way to go about it.

· Registered
8,771 Posts
because layaway lets you hold on to the gun while you get the cash

if you come back next week with the money but the gun was sold yesterday it doesn't do you any good

· Registered
59,814 Posts
The store I patronize treats a layaway the same as a cash sale, presuming you pay cash on the layaway and they also use the layaway to get a deposit for something they have to special order including non-gun stuff. I used it to order a gun a while ago. Paid off now but it still has not arrived. They priced it about 100 less than anyone else locally or what I could find on Gunbroker.

· Registered
789 Posts

If I found an OD G26 at my local dealer today for a decent price, I would put it on layaway ASAP. I really want one, but don't have the cash. I will in the next couple of months. It's really not that complicated. Now, if my local store charged extra for the layaway, I wouldn't do it unless the deal was REALLY good or the firearm was REALLY hard to come by.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.