close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Omega 3 for dogs

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by cubulco20, Jan 12, 2007.

1. cubulco20

cubulco20

Just wondering if anyone here gives their dogs fish oil omega-3 for the EPA and DHA?? I was told by a breeder to give it to my dog for a healther coat? just checking to see if anyone else here does that. I want to but dont know how much to give? My dog weights 80 lbs. and is 1year 5 months.

2. FlaFF

FlaFF

Yes, we give our dogs fish oil. Just a capsule with dinner every night. Dunno if it helps, my wife gives em so many supplements its impossible to say what might be doing what for them.

FlaFF

3. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

i regulary give my dogs/cat vitamins...

B, C, mineral supplements, etc.

i give VIT-C in 500 mg minimum dosages to cats and dogs, but only when i see that exudate coming from their eyes (some people call em tears, they are NOT tears!)

Vit-B everyday thru-out life of aminal...

moderatwe overdoses of VIT's B & C are eliminated thru the urine track and will not harm dogs/cats

PUHLEASE !!! do not use OTC meds on animals... aspirin is like poison to felines... and dogs stomachs are senitive to aspirin as well

"i love animals, but i hate fleas"

4. tercel89

tercel89

the fish oil and omega 3 acids are good for the body and it also help reduce shedding, I have a Jack Russel and they shed BBBBAAAAADDDDDD. We give him some stuff called Shed Stop .It has a lot of omega 3 and omega 6 acids that improve heathly coat and body thus reduceing shedding.It is all natural and the ingrediants are on the bottle .We got it at PetSmart.