close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Olympus OM-10 Cameras (Film) Help !

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Dirk Pitt, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Dirk Pitt

Dirk Pitt Millennium Member

I need some help from the camera guys out there. I have an Olympus OM-10FC 35mm camera. It stopped working some time ago and I took it to a local shop they said they couldn't fix it due to lack of parts, some small circuit board inside was shot (no pun intended). I really like this camera and my son is taking photography in school he could really use it. Does anybody know of any camera boards(like Glocktalk) I could go to or camera shops in Los Angeles area that could take a look at it?

Appreciate the help guys.

2. Penman

Penman Goauche User

Do an on-line search for repair shops, listing your camera by make. sometimes specific models have problems that are familiar to repair techs. It's possible they may need to find another body to salvage the needed part.

3. wolfman97

wolfman97

You can find them on e-bay for under 100 bucks -- down to 40. Also, you can get some decent used Nikons for that price. You will be hard put to repair it for the price of another one. One or two hours of tech time will cost you more than that. I would recommend a Nikon N4004, N6006, or N8008 for a student.

4. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

I hate to say this because I have a sentiment for older cameras, but it is not worth fixing. You can get a nice, used working camera for quite a bit less than it would cost you to fix this one.