GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
It is impressive that some of these guys have time to be bad mofo operators saving the world day in day out with their trusty AR15s and still find time to share their wisdom and experiences with us on a free and anonymous firearms forum. Truly generous of them IMO.

Of course what is equally impressive is that if you look at the vast majority of pictures some of them post of their ARs, well those rifles are mighty well preserved looking to me. Almost like they spend most of their time in a safe or something as opposed to undergoing the rough and ready combat that only certain brands of ARs can endure :dunno:
Not sure what your post even means.

Standing up for our rights has nothing to do with how much wear and tear a guy has on his gun.

Quite frankly in much more impressed with an ardent supporter of the 2a whose joining groups and sending money and making their voice heard than some miserable f-ing FUDD that has a beaten up shotgun and thinks ar's should be banned.

Maybe you should think about it.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Not sure what your post even means.

Standing up for our rights has nothing to do with how much wear and tear a guy has on his gun.

Quite frankly in much more impressed with an ardent supporter of the 2a whose joining groups and sending money and making their voice heard than some miserable f-ing FUDD that has a beaten up shotgun and thinks ar's should be banned.

Maybe you should think about it.
Not sure what is unclear about my post. Some folks on here have hyper inflated beliefs in themselves. The same kinda of guys that tell bull crap stories in bars to look like the guy they wish there were. These are some of the same guys slamming Olympic for what they did. Makes no sense to me.

I never said wear and tear had anything to do with support of gun rights. Not sure how to make what I said any cleaner.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
In front of our very eyes we’re watching the strangulation of our Second Amendment Rights. The desire of these “gun control” thugs is to confiscate your firearms and establish an unarmed citizenry. Their goal is masked with deceptive “anti gun violence” rhetoric. It’s a common tactic to mischaracterize the problem with a false premise; removing violent people from our communities actually accomplishes the goal.

The genius of 2nd Amendment is to ensure that an oppressive tyrannical government could be checked by an armed citizenry. Once again, the anti-gun supporters have used twisted logic and misdirection by including “hunting” traditions and completely ignore the intent of the constitutional framers and who specifically ended the amendment with, “… shall not be infringed.”

To reverse this latest disarmament effort we need each other’s support and encouragement for those who publicly speak out.
If we divide ourselves with idiotic bickering, then we dilute our collective efforts.

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
Let's stop talking about what the president of Olympic has or has not done or risked to counter the mess in NY. Let's move onto what you have done or risked to counter the mess in NY......fill me in on that please :wavey:

I mean you posted "It means nothing" in regards to what Olympic is doing. I can only assume that is coming from a guy who is doing something that means something. Otherwise that would make you a hypocritical internet keyboard commando belittling what others are doing to try and help as you do even less would it not?
Pointing out Olys empty words in no way makes me a hypocrite regardless of what I have done. I am not belittling their words. I pointed out the fact that Oly is just playing the lip service game.

Now if I am wrong and Oly stands to loose any revenue, then I'm wrong. I am quite confident my words stand true.

I do take note of companies like Magpul, Larue, and now Midway USA that are refusing to sell to these states. They actually make sales to these states.

·
5,273 Posts
MJKEAT, Shouldn't you be making battle plans and fantasizing about when the rebel hordes invade your college campus and you single handily fight them off with your trusty BCM.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Pointing out Olys empty words in no way makes me a hypocrite regardless of what I have done. I am not belittling their words. I pointed out the fact that Oly is just playing the lip service game.

Now if I am wrong and Oly stands to loose any revenue, then I'm wrong. I am quite confident my words stand true.

I do take note of companies like Magpul, Larue, and now Midway USA that are refusing to sell to these states. They actually make sales to these states.
Like I said Olympic has done more to push back on the NY mess than 99% of the folks criticizing them for it. That speaks for itself when placing value on the negative comments being made about Olympic by some. You call it lip service but again that is simply and purely conjecture on your part, nothing more.

Why don't you tell me about the next ten years of firearm purchases by NY state and local agencies regarding firearms? Break it down by model, quantity and brand if you will please.

If you can't then you can't exclude Olympic from losing possible sales can you? Not sure why that is so difficult for you to admit.

It is irrelevant at the end of the day, the vast majority of folks on here are giving Olympic the positive credit they are due IMO. I have been on here long enough to know that regardless of what the subject matter its there will be nay sayers. Nothing new about that. Not sure why that is as some things just do not have a downside. I have yet to see anyone post a single downside to this action by Olympic. Is there one? If not then why be critical of it at all? :dunno:

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
Yep, and just quickly scanning through this thread only confirms what I already predicted before I even opened the thread. The same "tier 1" bad ass fanboys who couldn't wait to jump on and bash the so-called "bottom tier" makers. They're so predictable. They make me :puking:

:rofl:
You're the only one using the word "tier." What does "tier" have to do w/ this thread? Nothing. The simple truth is Oly stands to loose nothing by this new policy of theirs. It is simply lip service.

Talking about predictability, it is quite predictable that this would happen here. It's predictable that posters would get so flustered over the truth. Maybe instead of stroking Oly for their lip service we take notice of the companies who are really putting their profit margins on the line.

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
Like I said Olympic has done more to push back on the NY mess than 99% of the folks criticizing them for it. That speaks for itself when placing value on the negative comments being made about Olympic by some.

It is irrelevant at the end of the day, the vast majority of folks on here are giving Olympic the positive credit they are due IMO. I have been on here long enough to know that regardless of what the subject matter its there will be nay sayers. Nothing new about that. Not sure why that is as some things just do not have a downside. I have yet to see anyone post a single downside to this action by Olympic. Is there one? If not then why be critical of it at all? :dunno:
If you look at my first post in this thread you'll see that I gave Oly a pat on the back. The truth remains that their words are mostly hollow. I'm not a "naysayer" I'm a truth teller.

My example - If I made a statement that I would no longer make sales of ARs to NY state it would mean nothing. Why? Because I don't sale ARs to NY state to begin with. If I sold $100 million in ARs to NY then stated I would no longer sale NY ARs until they overturn dangerous legislation that would mean something. Do you see the difference?

What have they done? Nothing. All they have done it make a statement that they would continue to do what they have always done, not sell ARs to .gov .mil. in NY.

Like If said numerous times, show me where Oly has made substantial sales to NY government agencies and I'll stand corrected.

·
NRA Member
17,700 Posts
Good for them. Likewise, I don't know why companies deal with California.

·
NRA Member
17,700 Posts

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
If you look at my first post in this thread you'll see that I gave Oly a pat on the back. The truth remains that their words are mostly hollow. I'm not a "naysayer" I'm a truth teller.

My example - If I made a statement that I would no longer make sales of ARs to NY state it would mean nothing. Why? Because I don't sale ARs to NY state to begin with. If I sold $100 million in ARs to NY then stated I would no longer sale NY ARs until they overturn dangerous legislation that would mean something. Do you see the difference?

What have they done? Nothing. All they have done it make a statement that they would continue to do what they have always done, not sell ARs to .gov .mil. in NY.

Like If said numerous times, show me where Oly has made substantial sales to NY government agencies and I'll stand corrected.

Still waiting for my future breakdown of firearms sales to NY local and state agencies by brand, model and quantity. Unless you can provide that for the next 5-10 years then you point that they have risked and lost nothing is pointless and nothing but conjecture. You entire logic is based on past and current sales. What about future sales? Did Olympic risk anything there?

The entire act of any boycott is heavily geared towards negatively impacting future sales. This one is no different.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Regardless of their loss of revenue, it makes a point and others are following suit. Good for them for starting the snowball even though they had the smallest piece to give. (maybe)

·
Registered
10,280 Posts

Clearly you are not merely a truth teller, you are a seer who has clear vision into the future and know without a doubt Olympic was not going to sell anything to NY anyways. Can you hook me up with some lotto number for next week? Superbowl winner in 2014, 2015, 2016?

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
It was a backhanded compliment. Very different from a pat on the back. :wavey:
"Others have already done this. Although Oly is just following suite it's good to see. I would rather see Olys in the hands of bad guys than law abiding citizens. Olys have earned every once of their reputation."

What ever are you talking about? :whistling:

:rofl:

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
Clearly you are not merely a truth teller, you are a seer who has clear vision into the future and know without a doubt Olympic was not going to sell anything to NY anyways. Can you hook me up with some lotto number for next week? Superbowl winner in 2014, 2015, 2016?
Lol, now you're having to make false argument.

Can we not predict future trends by those of the past?

As far as the next winners of the Super Bowl, it will be the team w/ the criminal that got off w/o appropriate punishment playing for them.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Lol, now you're having to make false argument.

Can we not predict future trends by those of the past?

As far as the next winners of the Super Bowl, it will be the team w/ the criminal that got off w/o appropriate punishment playing for them.

I say potential lost sales, you say no loss sales in regards to the future and my argument is false? Sounds like conjecture on one of our parts......:dunno:

Regardless as I said I would not call out anybody trying to help in a situation if I were not doing more than them myself to help. But that's just me. :wavey:

·
NRA Member
17,700 Posts
Just curious...is there a way to find out contract awards for state and city gov't? I tried a few google searches, thought I found a pdf with the info, but just kept getting errors noting the link was no longer there. It seems like that ought to be public info.

101 - 120 of 188 Posts