Olympic Arms gives New York state the finger...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by RGbiker, Feb 12, 2013.

1. WASRfan

WASRfan

You have time on your hands; google around for the thread where this was just discussed within the past week. I didn't see it on this board, but one of any of the other dozens that have an AR subforum and/or "RKBA" discussion subforums.

Just so you won't be disappointed - IIRC; they didn't specify quantities or contract numbers to the IDF or USA entities.

This kind of info is always contractually hidden; imagine the embarrassment if some chart-topper was revealed to have Oly DNA under the roll marks.

The point of some of the stuff Oly has brought to the party can not be lost on the fact that when the only other big, in-house AR player in the USA at the time besides SGW/Oly - Colt - went all PC on us gunowners and abandoned us, Oly did not.

That makes SGW/Oly the oldest, continuous producer/supplier of complete and kit ARs to us consumers.

So as much as you or anyone at ARFCOM want to hate on Oly; when DD and BCM were still twinkles in someone's eye; Oly had already been cranking out ARs for decades.

Back to our regular program - York Arms has also told NY to ES&die.

That makes Oly and York specific to NY, rhetorically - where's Remmy, Kimber, Numrich, Kahr, ATI, in the fight?

2. mjkeat

mjkeat

What they are doing is great. They have canceled so many contracts it's amazing. They really sacrificed revenue and put their money where their mouth is. And they have been doing it the longest which obviously makes them the best at it. Those newer companies like BCM and DD don't have a clue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

3. JackMac

JackMac

Wish ammo manufacturers would stop their sales to government agencies. Eventually, imagine that they would evolve into throwing rocks

4. LL6

LL6

What does it matter who started the state boycott? I'm glad someone did. What's important is that it was started and it is spreading slowly but surely.

Also don't forget Magpul would be much more affected than Olympic for no other reason if the CO Bill passed as written CO would become toxic to their business.

5. AZson

AZson

We would welcome them here to sunny AZ.

6. mjkeat

mjkeat

The post you quoted was sarcasm.

It doesn't so much matter who started it as it does people prancing around claiming that Oly started it. And most importantly it matters that Oly is playing the lip service game. If it actually effected their bottom line it would be a different story.

Larue, Magpul, now Midway. Companies that will actually make an impact.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...mag-and-ammo-sales-where-civilian-bans-apply/

7. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Thanks for the note regarding Midway USA! I love those guys for my reloading components, magazines, parts, tools, etc.

Good to see them supporting this direction! I've recently purchased a Ruger SR-556, and a Yankee Hill lower for a build project (thankfully, both before the madness started!) and am saving for a LaRue OBR when they can get caught up on their backorder. Of course, I'll also be supporting Magpul for their PMags and furniture, too!

You just made my day when you mentioned Midway, though!

8. Ruggles

Ruggles

Let's stop talking about what the president of Olympic has or has not done or risked to counter the mess in NY. Let's move onto what you have done or risked to counter the mess in NY......fill me in on that please :wavey:

I mean you posted "It means nothing" in regards to what Olympic is doing. I can only assume that is coming from a guy who is doing something that means something. Otherwise that would make you a hypocritical internet keyboard commando belittling what others are doing to try and help as you do even less would it not?

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oooh...the gaunlet had been thrown.

10. Ruggles

Ruggles

More of a "if you are going to call a guy for not helping enough you better be helping more than him" kinda of thing. Least that is how I was raised. :dunno:

11. Aceman

Aceman

Nothing personal - but I really hope Glock doesn't do that.

12. Aceman

Aceman

Cheaper than Dirt - evil gouger - Out
    Olympic, will be at the top of the list should I be interested in getting something sell.

13. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

It woul be ideal if all firearm companies would do the same. If they do get their hands on the firearms the. The companies will not honor any warranty or service.

14. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Yep, and just quickly scanning through this thread only confirms what I already predicted before I even opened the thread. The same "tier 1" bad ass fanboys who couldn't wait to jump on and bash the so-called "bottom tier" makers. They're so predictable. They make me :puking:

:rofl:

15. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

I thought the exact same thing.

16. Ruggles

Ruggles

It is impressive that some of these guys have time to be bad mofo operators saving the world day in day out with their trusty AR15s and still find time to share their wisdom and experiences with us on a free and anonymous firearms forum. Truly generous of them IMO.

Of course what is equally impressive is that if you look at the vast majority of pictures some of them post of their ARs, well those rifles are mighty well preserved looking to me. Almost like they spend most of their time in a safe or something as opposed to undergoing the rough and ready combat that only certain brands of ARs can endure :dunno:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  17. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

:agree:

18. CMG

CMG

Perhaps if we made a CHART showing which companies have had the guts to stand up?

Yes, Colt, who caves at a stiff wind from a lib-tards blow hole, would be at the very bottom...

19. Ruggles

Ruggles

Ouch, now that should get you a response :rofl: