GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
...The AWB laws are really a joke, and 99 percent politics.
It's no joke, these anti-gun people are for civilian disarmament. They know that repealing the 2nd Amendment is a failed strategy, so they seek a legislative incremental solution. Demonization, misinformation and exploitation are tools to influence support for their agenda. AWB is only one step of many designed to remove firearms from citizens.

Let's be clear that anti-gun people are attempting obliteration of the 2nd amendment through a 'death by a thousand cuts'.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
It's no joke, these anti-gun people are for civilian disarmament. They know that repealing the 2nd Amendment is a failed strategy, so they seek a legislative incremental solution. Demonization, misinformation and exploitation are tools to influence support for their agenda. AWB is only one step of many designed to remove firearms from citizens.

Let's be clear that anti-gun people are attempting obliteration of the 2nd amendment through a 'death by a thousand cuts'.

I could not of said it better

The Joke will be on us as they are moving ahead with disarmament

·
Banned
65,071 Posts
Once upon a time I had an Oly Arms XM-15 Commando. It was one rough looking mofo, but it worked. Even had a brass bead front sight. I gave it away to one of my old Army buddies and the dude still has it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Need to put some pressure on MAGPUL now. They are about to lose their hi cap magazine production as they are manufactured in CO. Time to tell them to put some skin in the game and take a stand. No sales to LE agencies in any state that supports anti-2A laws.

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
Always have to take a dig if it isn't part of the hallowed four? :yawn:
Seriously? :dunno:

That was a rather piss poor comment Mike. :shame:
Honesty isn't always nice.

I could care less what they do. Does it even matter? How many contracts do they hold w/ fed. state or local .gov? They can give all the lip service they want but if it isn't really affecting their bottom line it means nothing.

I can say I refuse to make sales to any .gov of any state w/ over restrictive gun laws. Does it mean anything? No. Why? Because I don't sell ARs to any .gov.

Now if Colt said no more .gov/.mil contracts filled until the .gov stops the BS that would mean something.

Maybe I'm wrong. Prove it to me. Show me any contracts that DPMS is refusing to fill to a .gov.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts

I could care less what they do. Does it even matter? How many contracts do they hold w/ fed. state or local .gov? They can give all the lip service they want but if it isn't really affecting their bottom line it means nothing.

I can say I refuse to make sales to any .gov of any state w/ over restrictive gun laws. Does it mean anything? No. Why? Because I don't sell ARs to any .gov.

Now if Colt said no more .gov/.mil contracts filled until the .gov stops the BS that would mean something.

Maybe I'm wrong. Prove it to me. Show me any contracts that DPMS is refusing to fill to a .gov.
Fact is that they have put their $ interest to the side for other beliefs. And instead of receiving praise for their actions they get their product criticized.

As momma said if you don't have anything nice to say...........

Anybody else that puts their companies future potential $ on the line for a moral stand please let us know. I would like to give them praise too. You nor I have no ideal what this may or may not cost Olympic in the future, to base your comments on that alone is silly IMO.

But the way of GT these days it seems is that no matter what is posted somebody has to be the one to find something negative to post about it. :dunno:

·
Build the Wall
10,200 Posts

I can say I refuses to make sales to any .gov of any state w/ over restrictive gun laws. Does it mean anything? No. Why? Because I don't sell ARs to any .gov.

prove it to you? Who are you? Are you a government agency looking for AR 15 rifles?

COLT needs to grow a pair and step up to the plate! Simple as that :)

we don't need to prove anything to you!

TGG

·
NRA Life Member
63,383 Posts
I can't figure out what's supposed to be wrong with Olympic Arms - they only seem to be disliked among the mall ninja community, who apparently learned on the internet that they are supposed to dislike them. I have read they they are one of the only companies (maybe THE only) that produce every part of their rifles and they have some pretty cool innovations.

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
Fact is that they have put their $ interest to the side for other beliefs. And instead of receiving praise for their actions they get their product criticized.

As momma said if you don't have anything nice to say...........

Anybody else that puts their companies future potential $ on the line for a moral stand please let us know. I would like to give them praise too. You nor I have no ideal what this may or may not cost Olympic in the future, to base your comments on that alone is silly IMO.

But the way of GT these days it seems is that no matter what is posted somebody has to be the one to find something negative to post about it. :dunno:
They have? Where, when? Let's see where they've lost revenue from any .gov/.mil contracts.

prove it to you? Who are you? Are you a government agency looking for AR 15 rifles?

COLT needs to grow a pair and step up to the plate! Simple as that :)

we don't need to prove anything to you!

TGG
I'm just an honest citizen concerned that people are unable to see past the smoke.

If DPMS isn't being affected what weight do their words carry? None.

I agree. I'd like to see Colt do it. Like I said earlier, if Colt did this it would actually mean something.

I can't figure out what's supposed to be wrong with Olympic Arms - they only seem to be disliked among the mall ninja community, who apparently learned on the internet that they are supposed to dislike them. I have read they they are one of the only companies (maybe THE only) that produce every part of their rifles and they have some pretty cool innovations.
Mall ninjas or men that have actually had to use/ still use this style of firearm to preserve/take life? Or even those that actually use their ARs on a regular basis. The use of the phrase mall ninja says a lot about a person.

And you may want to check your info/source. Unlike you I have researched this, I have talked w/ DPMS employees, and experienced their performance when demanded to perform as the platform was designed.

Innovations? Where?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I know several LEOs that use Olympic ARs. Wouldn't be my choice but thats what they bought.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
They have? Where, when? Let's see where they've lost revenue from any .gov/.mil contracts.

I'm just an honest citizen concerned that people are unable to see past the smoke.

If DPMS isn't being affected what weight do their words carry? None.

I agree. I'd like to see Colt do it. Like I said earlier, if Colt did this it would actually mean something.

Mall ninjas or men that have actually had to use/ still use this style of firearm to preserve/take life? Or even those that actually use their ARs on a regular basis. The use of the phrase mall ninja says a lot about a person.

And you may want to check your info/source. Unlike you I have researched this, I have talked w/ DPMS employees, and experienced their performance when demanded to perform as the platform was designed.

Innovations? Where?
Might want to look up the word potential, which is the word I used when speaking of loss revenue. I don't think you can prove potential. Imagine you opened a taco joint, and said you would not sell to redheads. How would you measure that potential loss revenue. When they cut sells off to the government agencies in NY they did just that.

Do you have insight into the contracts for firearm purchase of all NY governmental agencies for the next decade? I sure don't. :dunno: I can say Olympic is a lower price AR, and I would imagine that might appeal to a governmental agency or two when bidding on new firearm contracts in NY.

I would guess this move by Olympic did a heck of a lot more to help the folks in NY push back on this new law than anything you have done, am I wrong? They certainly have me beat! I guess I would just not be critical of others doing more than me to resolve a bad situation. :wavey:

But look at it this way at least you won't have to wait behind us when we are in line looking to buy an Olympic is support of them :tongueout:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
What exactly is Kimber doing?
If they moved their operations to a gun friendly state, it would make quite a statement.

·
Banned
18,888 Posts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Never fails on GT. A company does something good and somebody has to post some numbskull and negative comment about it. Just plain sad. :upeyes:
I'm not being negative. I like what they're doing. I just think it's akin to my seventh grade boycott of Pepsi because they sponsored Jeff Gordon. I never drank Pepsi anyway, so it really wasn't much of a sacrifice. I doubt Olympic does much LE business in NY. It's nice gesture, but is probably more symbolic than anything.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Maybe a column for "Told NY To Screw Off" needs to be added to "THE CHART".

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
Might want to look up the word potential, which is the word I used when speaking of loss revenue. I don't think you can prove potential. Imagine you opened a taco joint, and said you would not sell to redheads. How would you measure that potential loss revenue. When they cut sells off to the government agencies in NY they did just that.

Do you have insight into the contracts for firearm purchase of all NY governmental agencies for the next decade? I sure don't. :dunno: I can say Olympic is a lower price AR, and I would imagine that might appeal to a governmental agency or two when bidding on new firearm contracts in NY.

I would guess this move by Olympic did a heck of a lot more to help the folks in NY push back on this new law than anything you have done, am I wrong? They certainly have me beat! I guess I would just not be critical of others doing more than me to resolve a bad situation. :wavey:

But look at it this way at least you won't have to wait behind us when we are in line looking to buy an Olympic is support of them :tongueout:
Like you said "potential" is not something we can prove. That said we can what if this all day long.

Now lets look into an contracts DPMS has ever had w/ any .gov/.mil in NY. Have they had any? Can project future sales based on past sales? Lots of companies do. Things like, based on sales from the previous 3 years our projected sales for this December are xyz.

So based on DPMS's sales to NY .gov what is their projected lost revenue?

I have never sold a rifle to anyone in NY. If I told NY to kick rocks it's simply lip service and holds no weight. Now if I had a million dollar a year, 10 year contract w/ NY and told them to take a leep it would mean something.

Like I said in my first post here, I tip my hat at their gesture in following what other companies had already done.

41 - 60 of 188 Posts