GlockTalk Forum banner

181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I don't normally get involved in pissin' contest, but for you, mjkeat I'll make an exception. Before you stole this thread, which gives kudos to a fine company, others were at least appreciative of their efforts and the message they sent the lovely State of New Dork. Then you had to get into the brand bashing. :yawn:

Before you lip off, you might try some research. Olympic arms actually began life as a barrel manufacturer, and through mergers and acquisitions, they became Olympic arms. They were the first, and as far as I know, still are, one of, if not the only AR "Manufacturer" (not assembler) to make all their own parts in house. Those parts not built in their facility are built to their specs under their license. In addition, they also provide many major components to some of the other "well known" AR companies, not to mention any names (Bushmaster and others). And as you read and obviously chose to ignore, they were principle in the development of AR based pistols, handgun caliber ARs, and more than I have time, space, or patience to list. They are also one of the only Firearm companies that hold an annual range day for their customers. Not for big wigs of other companies, but average "Joes" like you and me.

As for contracts, Olympic provides training rifles to the Air Force. There may, and probably are others.

If you really want to know about them, may I suggest some light reading on their web sight, or you may also go to their Oly owners web sight, OA2.org. Rattler is the sight head honcho, and also works for Olympic Arms.

They may not be perfect, but they're trying and putting the first drop in the bucket. If others follow suit, that one drop may turn to a flood that NY can't ignore.

I applaud your efforts,but belittling the efforts of others is just plain childish. Get on board there Bubba.

As to the OP, KUDOs to Olympic, they are good people and from my perspective, at the top of my list of folks I'd trust.

Mods, if I've broken any forum rules, I am sorry and will abide any reprimand you see fit, but my tolerance for misinformation and bashing only goes so far.

·
5,273 Posts
Here is what is shameful;

Somebody comes on here and asks what rifle to coyote hunt with...
Some booger eater tells them to get a BCM mid LW 14.5 or they are risking their life in a firefight.

Somebody comes on here and asks what rifle for NM......
Some booger eater tells them to get a BCM mid LW 14.5....

Somebody asks what rifle for long range poodle shooter....
Some booger eater tells them to get a BCM mid LW 14.5...

Kiddo, quit eating boogers

This thread was about a company actually standing up for the Constitution. Which could lead to more, which could lead to even more.

Now it is just a about your regular BS.

NOW AGAIN, thank you Oly for taking a stand. Thank you everyone for the stand your company has made.

·
Front Sight
891 Posts
Now if the ammunition manufacturers would only do the same thing.
There is an Olympic firearm in my future purchase also.

·
Banned
3,447 Posts
I know it's easy to get lost in all the posts but check my original. I gave credit where it was due. I also cleared up some misconceptions other posters had. This started the downward slide.

I admittedly think Oly makes a sub par AR. But that isn't the purpose of this thread.

I have contacted Oly they will not give details on any contracts to the state of NY. IMO when a person/intenty refuses to expound there is something amiss. Use politicians as a great example of this tactic.

While everyone was touting Oly for what I titled "lip service" there were other companies doing much more. One of the misconceptions I pointed out.

I should probably use softer words but that hasn't proven to be efficient in my experience.

I have done a lot of research and have had conversations with Oly employees, roughly 2 years ago. I even search and search in an attempt to prove my "lip service" statement wrong. As I said before, this is one of those times I really would like to be wrong.

As far as making all their own parts I have come to the conclusion that that is no longer true. One of the biggest parts, the lower, was told to me by an employee to be outsourced. This conversation was a casual one thus no transcript or recording was made.

Though Oly is taking a stand by refusing to sell to NY .gov there are other oppressive states and other companies refusing to sell to any of those states, not just NY. NY is a big one. It is however not the only one. Let's not get tunnel vision.

I appreciate your involvement here. Thank you for getting me back on track.

Now if the ammunition manufacturers would only do the same thing.
There is an Olympic firearm in my future purchase also.
Very true...

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I admittedly think Oly makes a sub par AR. But that isn't the purpose of this thread.
That's your opinion, nothing wrong with that, but as you stated that isn't the purpose of this thread.

I have contacted Oly they will not give details on any contracts.
That's business and it's their business.

Let's not get tunnel vision.
None here, it's just NY is making the biggest waves, hence getting the most attention right now. Others will have the cross hairs fall on them when necessary.

I appreciate your involvement here. Thank you for getting me back on track.

And I appreciate your civil response to my somewhat direct, if not heart felt rant. If we all keep our eye on the big picture, we all win.

Very true...
Amen!

181 - 188 of 188 Posts