Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Infidel :)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone who can advise me on Olight weapon mounted lights models as far as size, power, and features so I can easily compare them?

Their website sucks as far as how it is laid out, and there are no clear guides to the models, sizes, and options - it's all scattered, and I don't want to limit my choice selection to just what retailers offer on their site only onine?

SF and SL all clealy have their sites laid out, and it's easy to make a choice from how they are laid out?

Looking for a good, tough light now larger than a SF X300 Ultra, under 1k lumens. Gun will be a G19, 17, or 21.

Thanks -

Eric

Registered
I'm not a fan of the Olight mounting system for handguns. It just look cheap and cheesy to me. Plus, you're right, their website sucks, which to me says a lot about the company as a whole. When I was doing my G45MOS setup, I just bit the bullet and went with the Surefire X300. Lot of money to spend on a light, but it's very nicely made, fits nice, looks sharp, and I can always swap it out on another gun.

Registered
I have only had my Olight PL Mini 2 and BALDER Mini lights for about 10 months now. They are holding up just fine and the battery stays charged fine. They mount up just fine on my pistols. No they won't compete with Stream light or Surefire, but for the price they Olight's are not bad. I only bought them when they were on sale at 30% - 40% off.

Registered
I have the PL Mini 2 Valkyrie and like it just fine. Small, great mount, rechargeable, and bright. What is not to like??

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have only had my Olight PL Mini 2 and BALDER Mini lights for about 10 months now. They are holding up just fine and the battery stays charged fine. They mount up just fine on my pistols. No they won't compete with Stream light or Surefire, but for the price they Olight's are not bad. I only bought them when they were on sale at 30% - 40% off.
"When you say "won't compete w/ SF or SL", what do you mean by that please?

Thanks -

Eric

Registered
"When you say "won't compete w/ SF or SL", what do you mean by that please?

Thanks -

Eric
What I mean is that the quality levels are different between the Olight and SF & SL lights. The SF and SL lights have been proven over and over to stand up to harsh conditions when used by the Police and US Military. Plus the fact that Olight has not been around long enough to be fully tested in those environments. Yes I do own several Olight WML's and like them a lot. There is nothing wrong with Olight for use by the average person. But again they have not been tested for harsh military or police use yet.

I do use my Olight WML's on my HD and EDC pistols but would not take them into combat until they have proven themselves to handle that.

Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I mean is that the quality levels are different between the Olight and SF & SL lights. The SF and SL lights have been proven over and over to stand up to harsh conditions when used by the Police and US Military. Plus the fact that Olight has not been around long enough to be fully tested in those environments. Yes I do own several Olight WML's and like them a lot. There is nothing wrong with Olight for use by the average person. But again they have not been tested for harsh military or police use yet.

I do use my Olight WML's on my HD and EDC pistols but would not take them into combat until they have proven themselves to handle that.
Ok, got it

I am on the fence about trying one as I hate my SF X300 even through it is bullet proof, and the switches on the SL are crap :(

I may buy one and "play" with it for now

Thanks - :)

Registered
I have several of the Olight BALDER Mini and PL Mini 2 lights and for EDC/HD use they are holding up just fine so far. Only time will tell.

Registered
I'm not a fan of the Olight mounting system for handguns. It just look cheap and cheesy to me. Plus, you're right, their website sucks, which to me says a lot about the company as a whole. When I was doing my G45MOS setup, I just bit the bullet and went with the Surefire X300. Lot of money to spend on a light, but it's very nicely made, fits nice, looks sharp, and I can always swap it out on another gun.
What the hell are you talking about?

Registered
Ask me about faith...
If you buy an Olight... Like the mini Valkyrie. Let's just say for the sake if argument.... Might as well order Lock-tite for those teeny tiny screws that holds the main housing together where it fits in the mounting rails...... So that hypothetically during a range session they don't come out under recoil and you spend the next couple hours looking all over ground playing a frustrating new variation of Where's Waldo?! ..... Ask me how I know.....

Reactions: bdcochran
1 - 12 of 12 Posts