GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one as part of last year's Black Friday deal..

This thing gets pretty warm after only a few times being on for about 30 secs, then off, then on, etc. I don't carry it but I can see it heating up in a holster.

It is 1200 lumens....

Maybe it is normal..

·
Registered
963 Posts
If it's on high it will get hot. I don't have that one but I have a different olight that gets hot on high pretty quick. The medium setting doesn't get hot like that.

I also have a Sofirn V2 I bought so I could use my vaping 18650 flat top batteries. It has five settings. The battery lasts a long time and the highest setting has a great throw. It gets hot too but not as quickly. I paid 35, I think, on Amazon.

I will say that even though they both have strobe, the plight is much more user friendly and I would use that for a tac light. The other will blind you just from sheer brightness with its hot spot.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I apologize. I didn't think you were talking gun light and it didn't cross my mind. You can just ignore my ramblings.

·
NRA Life Member
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All high output lights get hot. There's no free lunch with 1000+ lumens in a compact light.
I might have to go with less lumen and maybe Streamlight.

There is only one setting for the light except for the strobe setting. I will look into adjustable settings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts