GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard that local sheriff's dept was reporting rash of burglaries and break-ins in our area tonight so grabbed Galco shoulder rig with Glock 19, two extra magazines and gerber gardian 1 attached, & a bright flashlight before jumping in the truck to check a currently vacant rental house and some other properties. Got back without excitement and... as i was unloading & putting the glock (and the Sig 365 i had already been wearing iwb) away, it hit me that the Glock seemed crude in comparison.

This is one of two glock 19, gen 2s i've continously owned since they came out. Between these two 19s and a 26, I've carried / shot them quite a bit and made some pretty incredible shots with them so the word crude seems harsh - very harsh. For a long time i considered them tops and relied upon them so there is a fondness there. I also have a small fortune invested in holsters and magazines for them. The Glock 19 is still one of the top selling guns and the 26 isn't too far behind; but i like nearly everything about the sig better.

Now it has me thinking. Do i install new springs and freshen the old glocks up or do i take advantage of current prices and change. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
I have two current EDCs. In cold weather, a sweater/vest allows carry of a G19.3 OWB. Warm weather EDC is a P365, but only because of size and the need to carry IWB at office when it's too warm for a sweater/vest. I like the Sig, and I consider it reliable, but there's a lot to be said for the crudeness/simplicity of the Glock. Much like the AK. Not pretty (to most), not refined, but one of the more dependable choices.

Can't really go wrong with either.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,172 Posts
If I were fortunate enough to still own a Gen 2 19, I would keep it and shoot the heck out of it...but YMMV

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I wouldn’t change a thing.
Kinda like gh.
The 19 anytime I can, Shield when it’s really hot.
There is no one-gun-for-every-job, believe me, I’ve looked.
Saying what I’ve said, the 19 is on me 90% of the time because it’s what I’m confident with. A lot of hours training with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gh1138

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Still carry my Gen 2 G19. Have had a couple of Sigs. Personally I only like the SAO Sigs.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
If you feel undecided enough to ask us to talk you into (or out of) your decision, I believe you'd soon regret selling.

·
Registered
855 Posts
43x with 15 rd shield mags put my 2 365 on the auction block the next day. never liked the feel of the 365 but the capacity before shield mags, had me try one for awhile. but I will never go back.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I have a Gen 5 G19 MOS that I thought was the cat's meow in terms of a versatile carry pistol. It has a great trigger, very accurate, reliable, and easy to control.

Then I got a P365 TacPac with manual safety and 12-round magazines.

The G19 feels like a giant, now. It is simply too big for only offering 3 more rounds. The Sig outclasses it in nearly every respect. Now, I will never get rid of my G19, as it is the pinnacle of Glock evolution, but the Sig gets carried every day, while the Glock is stuck on the wall in the gun room.

·
Registered
672 Posts
After I "debugged" my two Gen 4 Glock 19s from their factory horribly severe, absolutely unusable BTF behavior they are in the small select group of forever keeper handguns. I've gone through a lot of handguns over the decades. So, I think you would regret selling your Glock 19s. I know I would.

The Sig P365 is just an amazing handgun in my opinion. Not only for it's size/capacity but for shooting as well. It is accurate, comes with very good night sights and good trigger and is modular so changing out frames is easily done. I have two standard P365s and one XL and have built a solid supply of magazines in 10, 12 and 15-round sizes. After the current handgun/ammo drought subsides, and it eventually will, I may buy another XL.

OP, you want opinions so here is mine: Keep and re-spring the Glock 19s. Sell the Glock 26 and buy another P365. You would then have one of the best mid-sized 9mm handguns ever made in the G19, rid yourself of the little brick of a G26 and have a couple of do-everything P365s.

Not to offend the Glock 26 owners, but I dislike that handgun more than about any other I've ever shot. Personal opinion only.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
My engineer buddy still carries his 25 year old Glock 23, he says there is no need to change.

Reactions: sigp6

·
Registered
8 Posts
After I "debugged" my two Gen 4 Glock 19s from their factory horribly severe, absolutely unusable BTF behavior they are in the small select group of forever keeper handguns. I've gone through a lot of handguns over the decades. So, I think you would regret selling your Glock 19s. I know I would.

The Sig P365 is just an amazing handgun in my opinion. Not only for it's size/capacity but for shooting as well. It is accurate, comes with very good night sights and good trigger and is modular so changing out frames is easily done. I have two standard P365s and one XL and have built a solid supply of magazines in 10, 12 and 15-round sizes. After the current handgun/ammo drought subsides, and it eventually will, I may buy another XL.

OP, you want opinions so here is mine: Keep and re-spring the Glock 19s. Sell the Glock 26 and buy another P365. You would then have one of the best mid-sized 9mm handguns ever made in the G19, rid yourself of the little brick of a G26 and have a couple of do-everything P365s.

Not to offend the Glock 26 owners, but I dislike that handgun more than about any other I've ever shot. Personal opinion only.
Agreed about the G26. I carried one for years, but it's obsolete now with regard to weight/size. Still an OK weapon, but many better choices if weight/size is a concern.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Do i install new springs and freshen the old glocks up
Chances are that none of the springs really need to be replaced. Springs in Glocks last a lot longer than folks realized.

I have a Gen 5 G19 MOS that I thought was the cat's meow in terms of a versatile carry pistol. It has a great trigger, very accurate, reliable, and easy to control.

Then I got a P365 TacPac with manual safety and 12-round magazines.

The G19 feels like a giant, now. It is simply too big for only offering 3 more rounds. The Sig outclasses it in nearly every respect. Now, I will never get rid of my G19, as it is the pinnacle of Glock evolution, but the Sig gets carried every day, while the Glock is stuck on the wall in the gun room.

View attachment 909077 View attachment 909078
Agree 100%. I had a Glock 19.5FS that I liked quite well. But I ended up gifting it to my son who loves it and it's his main carry now. The P365 was the last pistol I qualified with before retiring and it's still my main EDC by far.

How bout dem H&K’s? Now dats a quality gun.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Shoot a Gen 5 19.
This x100000000 the gen 5s are truly a cut above the rest of the pack.

In my opinion the 365 is a ok pistol but not earth shattering like people act. I also had some reliability issues out of the two I have owned ymmv but I never became fond of them. My glocks and m&ps otoh have never had any issues.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks for everyone's responses. Logistically, i probably should sell all my glocks, holsters, and magazines. Realistically, i probably never will. Same for an interarms ppk, S&W 1911sc, and several others i no longer carry much since getting the 365.

Variety is the spice of life and you can never have too many guns right?

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
If you wanted to, you could probably easily fund a new G5 G19 purchase by selling one of your G2's.

They have come a long way baby. Like the old advertising slogan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts