Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old gen 2 Glock 21 and it's in excellent condition. It's serial number starts with "A", so it's pretty old. I was wondering if the design of this older Glock is the same as current Glock 21's. I know that the new Glock 21SF's have an ambi release and a rail but is that is it. It's amazing that an old Glock has the same design mostly compared to a new Glocks.

The Glock in it's simplicity and reliability are amazing.

Are their any differences that are not obvious between gen 2, 3, and the SF's?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
The major difference for me between the two was less hand fatigue w/ the 21 SF. The 21 in rapid fire would cramp my hand, because of the grip. For me, it was a stretch from the backstrap to the trigger on the G21. Both are extremely accurate, but because of less cramping my grouping is better w/the SF.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My old G19 is a 2 trigger pin version. Not sure if that change carried over through the 21 series.

·
GLOCKER
1,247 Posts
I would pick the 21SF, hands down. The 21 is quite a gun. Recoil is not bad. Plus normally you will have 13 rounds of huge .45 acp rounds. I can control the regular 21 but I dont like the thick grip. Some people say the differences in the two is negligible, but I can immediately feel it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts