Old G21SF with original mag release

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by AJE, Apr 3, 2012.

1. AJE

AJE Sometimes grumpy, not old

What are my options here?

I had my mag release fall out again at a pin match the other day. I'm to the point that I would rather send it in and get a replacement.

Are the replacements like the old, non reversible mag releases or the newer ambi style ones on the gen 4?

I have a Lone Wolf slide and barrel on the gun so I'm not really all that concerned with matching numbers.

2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

A Gen4 G21 is definitely an option for the exchange. See Glock warranty and a new Gen4 G21. I assume you're aware of the difference in the size of the slide guide ring for Gen4 (larger) and how that affects use of your Gen3 Lone Wolf slide.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012

3. AJE

That would be great except I use two 6" barrels with it.... I don't believe those are interchangeable with the Gen 4 guns. If they are, I'll gladly wait for a gen 4.

4. rahrah12

rahrah12

hmmm...I have a G21SF with the ambi release. No problems with it but it is good to know that I could return it/exchange it.

I don't know if I want to though...

5. AJE

Actually I see on Lone Wolf's website that their barrels are compatible with 4th gen guns.... maybe I need to email them and see if that applies to my barrel (purchased in 2009).

6. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Yep, the Lone Wolf barrel is compatible with the Gen4. Is your Gen3 Lone Wolf slide a long slide or tactical length? If you can accept a standard Gen4 G21 OEM slide, I think you'll be fine. I can almost guarantee that the Lone Wolf barrel (circa 2009) will work in the Gen4 G21, but verify with LWD.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  7. AJE

I emailed Lone Wolf to verify it. It is the 6" Lone Wolf slide, with Lone Wolf's 6" 45ACP barrel and a KKM 10mm conversion barrel.

[​IMG]

I've gone through a few hundred rounds of lead reloads in 45 doing a few bowling pin shoots, so I should get a picture of it while it's all dirty :supergrin:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  8. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

If, and when, you decide to return it, be sure to tell the CS rep that you want a full replacement with matching serial numbers. If you don't, you may only get the replacement frame.

When I sent mine back, Smyrna was very helpful and replaced my entire SF. Also remember that if you have the pic-rail, that you will get the standard Glock rail.

Good luck!

9. AJE

I have no desire for the full rail. I'm hoping I can get the 4th gen now :supergrin:

10. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The issue will be your Lone Wolf long slide. They are designated for Gen3 by LWD.

11. AJE

That is exactly the reply I got from LWD. She said the slide would work but they don't recommend it since there would be a gap left at the end of the frame for the larger guide rod.

I guess it's just a good excuse to buy me a Gen 4 model 17.