Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to share that my trusty G35 cracked the right rear slide rail at a match yesterday. It went single action for 7 shots then stopped when it ceased to fire. A small piece of the rail lodged near the trigger assembly and led to this. Fearing a snapped spring I broke it down and found the slide piece. Upon removal I finished the last 3. Stages. Here's what's impressive. 3 barrels, 150,000+ rounds of reloads, and 18 years later it went down and still got up shooting... Time for a new slide or new gun?

· Crusty Member
11,237 Posts
New slide? Are you saying a piece of the slide broke off, or the right rear frame rail the slide rides on? Given your 35's age, I don't know if it's just barely too old to be, or if it might fall in the serial number range which Glock admitted could have frame rail issues, and did their version of a recall (if you find out about it, and ask for it, they'll replace your frame).

Either way, it's worth contacting Smyrna to see what they're willing to do. Assuming you haven't been hot rodding it with overpressure hand loads, I suspect they'll replace whatever broke, with you, at most, paying shipping.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And he said......?

If you get a new gun, you could then use the old one as a full time frame for your AA .22 conversion.
The crack was minor so he offered to let me shoot his M & P but I opted to keep mine. The crack did not change. Glock wants me to send it in despite the age to what can be done to get me back to shooting.

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Glock replaced a frame for me on G30 a few years ago at no charge. They are the BEST!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.