Old Dude Gets Cheezed On/Off in Target Store

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GLWyandotte, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Joe

Little Joe

Of course not. Now you are being ludicrous. You are obviously thumbing your nose at common sense to get a rise out of people. Jackass spirit for sure.

2. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Hmmm ... odd. I always thought it was the responsibility of the police to enforce the law on the books? Assault was evident, purpotrated, and nobody was taken to jail? Yes, the fart guy had it coming but I did not know the police can select to enforce a law (i.e. domestic violence). I also thought it was up to Target Mgt to pursue charges as well?

So, this opens a whole new realm on how law is enforced on the ground these days by the police?

Again, seems very odd to me. Brave New World!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

3. The Machinist

The Machinist Please! Please! No more!

Mad props to the old man. What kind of adult walks around pretending to fart in front of strangers? It's too bad he didn't get even more of the immaturity knocked out of him.

4. Little Joe

Little Joe

Would you really be out there pulling pranks like this MtBaldy?

5. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

Domestic violence is a special case because so many women are scared to press charges.

Simple battery it's up to the victim to press charges. It's what allows friends to box and wrestle. Or men with honor to fight and leave it at that.

6. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

No, but I wouldn't jump out of the scooter I didn't need to be in and punch a complete stranger in the face for making a noise I didn't like. The old guy was provoked but he was still an asshat.

7. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

I didn't know that fighting over stupid crap was now honorable...

Should we allow dueling too?? What about honor killings?

-Dana

8. Little Joe

Little Joe

Mostly because he was riding the scooter? It was more to HIM than a stranger just making a noise he didn't like. It was messing with his woman. Strong emotions there. Quit minimizing that.

9. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

I wasn't referring to this situation as honorable. But if two guys both agree to fight something out, and not involve others...I can see the honor in that.

Do a forum search for dueling. Just had a thread. And yes...I'm in favor if both consent.

10. Little Joe

Little Joe

They call that mutual combat around here. The cops just split.

11. Misty02

Misty02

Can you imagine the reaction if someone cuts them through in traffic and causes them to swirl? I sincerely hope some of the people responding in that fashion never have to drive in Miami, they’ll feel the need to go around beating the living daylights out of nearly everyone they encounter. :wow:

12. drew4691

drew4691

If it was that old guy assaulting me, kick to the junk. I win 10/10 times.

13. Little Joe

Little Joe

That's a whole lot different than somebody coming around and imposing ugliness on your wife for the second time. Not everybody willing to defend their wifes' integrity is sitting on a hair trigger waiting to go off at the slightest provocation.

14. Teej

Teej

Which is one of the main reasons I moved from down there.... :whistling:

15. Teej

Teej

When you run around playing jokes at someone elses expense, especially someone you do not know, you run the risk of upsetting, offending or plain old pissing someone off.

Granted the seniors physical response was wrong and illegal. The prankster picked the wrong couple for his immature jokes. He most certainly was part of the issue and has some responsiblity for what happened.

Both were at fault, one more than the other, but both were at fault.

16. the iceman

the iceman Proud Veteran CLM

I guess there is but one would hope one that carry would be smart enough to control their emotions and walk away.

17. Little Joe

Little Joe

Absolutely. Carrying takes our responsibilities to a whole 'nuther level. I don't allow myself to be provoked. I have a responsibility to the CCW community and the Sheriff who granted me the permit. I take that serious. The permit has calmed me down a lot. I'm extra careful to be respectful and calm headed on the road. I give people lots of room and think ahead so I don't have to cut in on people.

18. Misty02

Misty02

I sincerely hope not! If my husband had reacted in that fashion to an immature obnoxious prank, I would be questioning his maturity level and ability to determine what is truly dangerous to me and what is not. I would also question his judgment.

BTW, I would consider running me off the road higher on the scale worthy of a confrontation than a silly fart (real or not). Still, unless some real damage is done I would expect him to not physically react to either in absence of real damage.

Mind you, it doesn’t mean I might not have had some choice words with the young man making the offensive noises and attempted to make him about an inch tall. However, part of being a mature adult includes one’s ability to rationalize and adequately respond to situations we may face out there in the real world.

As a middle age female I will tell you that I would not perceive the actions of my husband (if he had behaved in that fashion) as one defending my honor. I would perceive it as my husband having an even lower maturity level than the young man playing the joke.

Whatever happened to dignity and decorum?

19. Misty02

Misty02

You have no argument from me on that one! :)

20. Bado

Bado

They both have a new story to tell their friends. Win Win

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.