GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!
6,105 Posts
I get a lot of Joe Namath commercials where he hawks a Medicare plan. Geeze.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,057 Posts
The ones I can't stand are the ex-football stars.
Your days of glory are over, just go away!
Howie Long on the Sketcher's commercials is the worst, comes across as being an arrogant privileged character.

oceanwarrior
Ex football stars should only be allowed to do beer commercials, Terry Bradshaws were pure gold

·
Native Mainiac
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Ex football stars should only be allowed to do beer commercials, Terry Bradshaws were pure gold
Why did you change your avatar??? I get confused when people do that......

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I think Mickey Rooney gets the trophy for most dedicated. His last commercial was more or less him sitting on a couch drooling while his wife narrated whatever financial product that was. Kinda sad.

Old Wilford Brimley nearly eclipsed with his former celebrity status with his diabeetus routine though....haha guy thought he was just gonna make a few bucks and ends up becoming meme material with songs to boot.
I’ll always think of Wilfred as the Postmaster General on Seinfeld. I’m sure he’s done far better roles, but I can’t help it.

I also liked him in Cocoon.

·
Native Mainiac
18,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I’ll always think of Wilfred as the Postmaster General on Seinfeld. I’m sure he’s done far better roles, but I can’t help it.

I also liked him in Cocoon.
He was all of 50 years old when he did that movie.

Some folks are born old.

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Joe Namath got paid at most $450k a year for player, as far as I can tell. A far cry from today's contracts. Others believe he is not poor as a website lists his net worth at 18 million, but maybe he wants the money, or just get his name out there again.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Why would anyone in their right mind turn down big buck for a commercial?

I keep waiting for a call to endorse something for small bucks, I am cheap to hire.

Just supply me with a New Italian Steel Lugged Road Bike, with Campy Choris, Mavi Hubs, Cinelli Seat Post, Bars, and Quill Stem to my specifications.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
He was all of 50 years old when he did that movie.

Some folks are born old.
Perspective. I remember, as a kid of 15 or so shooting pool with a guy who in passing mentioned he just had his 30th birthday. I thought his life must almost be over. :)

“50” sounds like a young man to me today, but back then?

·
NRA Life Member
5,536 Posts
Joe Namath is hocking something Medicare related- I now see others have mentioned him also.

Time hasn’t been kind to a lot of these guys.

·
Spider
1,832 Posts
Looks to me like he's promoting "prostate exams".

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
I just saw a Joan Lunden one today, hawking some Medicare part C plan.

I don't remember her exactly, some talk show host I think.

The funniest thing about the commercial is, in the middle of it she is talking into the wrong camera so you see her on TV but she is not looking at you but off to the side, it's very odd.

I guess they rush these commercials to coincide with the enrollment period, but you'd think they might have spotted that.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Peyton Manning is a TV ad whore.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Can't wait for Tom Brady to retire and do commercials.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Infomercial "personel" are the Walmart greeters for the media world!

41 - 60 of 74 Posts