close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Old Bullet

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by DocH, Feb 4, 2006.

1. DocH

DocH Man of Sorrows

Bullet started life as my neice's cat,she got him for her 16th birthday,but the girl was a little wild in her youth and the poor thing was dragged from pillar to post,and pretty well traumatized by the time my mother took him a few years later to give him a better life.
    After I brought my mother to live with me about 8 years ago he eventually started to feel comfortable around people again after he was eventually satisfied that he wasn't going to be harmed.
    He seemed to develop a real bond with my wife,and at time it seemed that they really commmunicated.
    He's been going down hill for the past year and was at a point last week that he could hardly walk. He had to stop and rest halfway across the room when going to his water bowl.
    We were thinking that he was suffering from arthritis. A consultation with the Vet and a couple of baby aspirin seemed to help
    him but then that didn't work either
    Wife took him in to be checked on Monday and the Vet gave her the bad news that Bullet was in kidney failure,basically just due to age. He was 17. His body was not getting the nutriants it needed and as a result was trying to draw nutrition from his muscles,which explained his difficulty walking,his stagering and his weight loss.
    He said that he could put him on some IV's but that he could only get worse. Wife made the tough decision to let the vet put him down.There really was no hope of him getting better.
    It's been a sad week around Disgraceland. Our Calico is 12 and even she knew something was wrong with him and had stopped jumping on his back trying to grapple with him. She's been keeping herself pretty scarce this week and has found a new hiding place.These animals are not dumb.
    Bullet was a registered Himalayan with blue pools for eyes.
    He could be quite comical at times,and was terrified of rain and thunderstorms.Muffin,the calico could care less about storms and would look at him quizzically when one would be brewing.
    The Bullet I last saw was not the same Bullet that he was a year ago. I'm not a cat person,but I've even grown quite attached to both of them. I'm going to miss the litte guy.

2. walkin man

walkin man

Very sorry to hear of your loss DocH. You gave that cat a better life than he would have had otherwise.

You may not be a cat person, but the little hairballs just worm their way into your life.

Big thumbs up for what you did.

walkin man

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

4. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

I'm sorry for your loss.