Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Texas Born & Bred
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I have had issues with some of his actions, I can only applaud Governor Stitt on his gun rights stance. Since his inauguration he has signed into law Constitutional Carry, something previous governor Mary Fallon promised to do and backtracked on, but today he signed into law a bill that prohibits ANY type of "red flag" laws being passed within the state. May not be everything but it is progress. And of course the "enlightened" are already screaming blood in the streets and everybody is going to die.

·
bene vivere
2,149 Posts
Great job Governor Stitt!:waving:

Reactions: rock_castle and TGT

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
I guess I'll be the odd man out here because I've got issues with constitutional carry. I've met people that thought that just because it was legal in their state that it gave them the right to venture into my state and carry concealed with no license/permit when I'm required to be properly licensed to carry a concealed firearm in my state of residence. I ran into such an out of state a-hole once at a local gunshop, and he didn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. One doesn't need to be a rocket surgeon to know that there are many people out there who aren't responsibile enough to own a firearm, let alone carry one concealed or otherwise. I think that letting everyone carry without any form of training, guidance, or license is a mistake, and is as irresponsible as allowing those who've never once been behind the wheel of an automobile the freedom to just go out on the road one day and drive.

Flame on if you wish.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I guess I'll be the odd man out here because I've got issues with constitutional carry. I've met people that thought that just because it was legal in their state that it gave them the right to venture into my state and carry concealed with no license/permit when I'm required to be properly licensed to carry a concealed firearm in my state of residence. I ran into such an out of state a-hole once at a local gunshop, and he didn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. One doesn't need to be a rocket surgeon to know that there are many people out there who aren't responsibile enough to own a firearm, let alone carry one concealed or otherwise. I think that letting everyone carry without any form of training, guidance, or license is a mistake, and is as irresponsible as allowing those who've never once been behind the wheel of an automobile the freedom to just go out on the road one day and drive.

Flame on if you wish.

upload_2020-5-22_1-23-23.png

·
Formerly retired EE.
14,071 Posts

Flame on if you wish.
So you thinking is since some states don't have constitutional carry it is a bad thing that other states do? A very small percentage of people carry a weapon. That percentage is undoubtedly larger in states with constitutional carry than it is in states without. I happen to think that armed, law abiding citizens are a great thing to happen.

A-Holes don't need a reason to be A-Holes and taking an 8 or 12 hour class isn't going to cure stupid. All we can do is make sure they don't do it again (by putting them in prison when they break laws).

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

Flame on if you wish.
Here is the thing NO state should require any kind of licensing because of a little thing called the constitution and the 2nd amendment.

Your license beef is solely with your state requiring a license.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Absolutely love Oklahoma. Too bad we're full.
Tell that to these ........ people.
https://ktul.com/news/local/califor...eir-daughter-and-her-friend-can-play-softball

I'm in Green Country. I see the U-Haul businesses overflowing with moving vans. That's a bad sign. And if Tesla relocates here, even worse.

We've got too many liberals/creeps/libtardarians already. (Hint: even one of those idiots is one too many.) Tulsa and Oklahoma City typically go blue during elections. I'm assuming it's because of the universities.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts