Okie, you should be proud of me.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Annhl8rX, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

Today I traded my 2005 Nissan Titan for a new 2010 Dodge Ram. It's a half ton, two wheel drive, quad cab...with the Hemi, of course. I'd post a picture, but it's too dark to take one, and it looks like every other black Ram out there. I had a 2004 quad cab Hemi, and it was quick. They've tacked on another 45 ponies and some more torque and this thing freaking rips. I'm definitely liking it so far.

2. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

congrats, i would not have traded for dodge anything , but heres hoping you enjoy it . :wavey:

3. Calico Jack

Calico Jack NO QUARTER

Well we all have to make mistakes in life to learn from them... You'll learn your lesson SOON!:tongueout:

4. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

Well if there's a lesson to be learned I'd prefer it to be soon...while it's still under warranty.

Honestly, comments like this don't bother me a bit. Trucks from any manufacturer are better than they have ever been...at least in initial quality. It might not last 300,000 miles like somebody's '65/'75/'85 Ford/Chevy/Dodge, but I wouldn't keep it that long any way.

I'm not a loyalist or hater of any particular make. I look at who offers what I want at the time. As far as trucks go, I've owned a GMC, two (now three) Dodges, a Ford, and the Nissan. I haven't had major problems with any of them. Right now, Dodge offers the combination of looks, comfort, price, and power I like, so they got my business.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  5. okie

okie GT Mayor

Many congrats on the new pickup my friend:thumbsup:

6. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

Thanks, Mayor. Does it signal a problem if I was thinking about posting this thread while I was sitting in the office negotiating the deal?

7. okie

okie GT Mayor

Nope it sure don't:supergrin::wavey:

8. xtreme99

xtreme99 What's a Glock?

Is there any particular reason you didn't like the Titan?

9. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

Nope...I actually liked the Titan quite a bit. The only thing that kind of bothered me was that the interior seemed to wear a bit quicker than I thought it should. It only had 60,000 miles on it, but the driver's seat cloth was almost worn through, the steering wheel looked awful, and the pain on some of the dash trim was worn away from hand contact. All that wasn't even that big of a deal; I was just ready for something new.

10. xtreme99

xtreme99 What's a Glock?

Gotcha. Lookin at pickin one up soon and it's always good to hear others opinions.

11. Calico Jack

Calico Jack NO QUARTER

Just yanking your chain buddy... those new dodges look SWEET! Hope you enjoy and don't have to use that warranty at all. ENJOY!:wavey:

12. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

Other than the interior wear, I don't have anything really negative to say about the Titan. My only problem buying one now is that they haven't really changed much over the life of the truck. That means a redesign is in order, which can reduce resale value of older models. A while back, there was a deal in the works to make the next gen Titan a rebodied Ram, but that fell through. Since then, they've announced that there will be a new model Titan, completely redesigned by Nissan. Who knows when that will be though. http://blog.caranddriver.com/nissan-titan-pickup-has-a-future%E2%80%94it-won%E2%80%99t-be-killed-will-be-redesigned-in-house-and-may-even-get-a-v6/