Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my W2 today and I'm getting back a little over $10,000 and me and the wife agreed to take $1000 each for anything and bank the rest. I have a couple hundred stashed already to play with so yes Oike I am buying a stainless Kimber 1911 5" 45acp. I think I will name her Okie:supergrin:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase, but how did you glean that information off of your W-2? Have you filed your taxes to make sure that's your refund?

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Received my W2 today and I'm getting back a little over $10,000 and me and the wife agreed to take $1000 each for anything and bank the rest. I have a couple hundred stashed already to play with so yes Oike I am buying a stainless Kimber 1911 5" 45acp. I think I will name her Okie:supergrin:
Many congrats my friend, enjoy.:supergrin::wavey:

·
Banned
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, hoe the hell does you guys get 10k or more back on taxes when I have to pay Uncle Scam back every year?
I claim 0 and married at a single higher rate plus addition $10.00 a week. My wife is a full time college student that doesn't work and at the end I claim everything. It's like a savings account the way I do it but I never owed:wavey:

·
Addicted Member
843 Posts
That is not smart, my friend. I know it's easy and you get a big check but, you're giving the .gov an interest free loan. Big refunds are nice to get but, you're hurting yourself. You're better off taking the money out of your paycheck and putting it somewhere to at least earn some interest. Hell, send it to me and on April 15th I'll send you back whatever you sent me. Money makes money.

ETA: Make sure to post pics of your new toy!

·
Master Member
7,562 Posts
That is not smart, my friend. I know it's easy and you get a big check but, you're giving the .gov an interest free loan. Big refunds are nice to get but, you're hurting yourself. You're better off taking the money out of your paycheck and putting it somewhere to at least earn some interest. Hell, send it to me and on April 15th I'll send you back whatever you sent me. Money makes money.

ETA: Make sure to post pics of your new toy!
Some people like it better to keep the money where they can't touch it and interest rates now are nothing to brag about.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
I claim 0 and married at a single higher rate plus addition $10.00 a week. My wife is a full time college student that doesn't work and at the end I claim everything. It's like a savings account the way I do it but I never owed:wavey:
No it is not like a savings account. A savings account, will pay you interest on the money in the account. What you have done, is give the government an interest free loan for the year. :shocked:

Change your withholdings and earn some interest on that money during the year.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
I'd much rather put the extra $200.00 per week into a savings account thru auto deposit.

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
I'm too lazy to do my taxes today. I'll probably get very little back from the 30 or 40K they took from me. If I'm lucky.

·
"0 and 1"
310 Posts
Hmmmm... so you gave the gubament an interest free loan. Smart. :whistling:

When you work it so you have to pay nothing extra or get back very little then you are doing it right. :wavey:

But congrats on the new toy!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yepper, send me that extra money the government is taking from you every week and I will send you $10,005.00 back. A much better deal than Obama is "giving" you now...oakie doak?

·
Pinky Out
60,201 Posts
M&P,
I don't give a damn how you do your taxes; I'm glad you are going to get a new toy.:wavey:

I love my SA micro 45 Loaded.

I do my taxes same as you and still owe.:crying:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts