close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Okie Highway Patrol riding Hayabusa?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Apr 19, 2006.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

2. Compy

Compy CompensateWhat?

It's more of a PR tool than a real enforcement tool.

If I were doing something that required a 'busa to catch up with me, I guarantee you it would NOT pull me over! ;)

3. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

I once did a roll-on test with a guy on a Busa while riding my ZRX1200... I cheated him a bit by being a gear down and on the pipe good when I came up alongside.

Shortly after 100mph he ran away from me. Them bikes are ugly as hell, but they sure move.

4. GixxerSixxer

GixxerSixxer Phil Deez Nutz

I'm recalling a SportRider article where they ran the Busa and ZX-12 against one another. The roll-on test from what I'm recalling showed the ZX-12 was geared for faster response at the crack of the throttle but the Busa was geared for more in the mid and high end. So at roll-on the ZX-12 stepped away but come a certain speed the Busa made up ground quickly and kept pulling.

Another article SR did was running the two against each other at the drag strip. The guy they had riding the bike was short. Like 5'3" there abouts and he couldn't get good launches off the ZX-12. Since the Busa favored shorter in-seams the rider was able to launch the Busa consistently better.

Once the ZX-12 had straps put on it and the dog bones swapped I think the rider felt more comfortable and started getting consistent with the ZX-12. I can't remember the exact difference in the 1/4 mile but they were close and the Busa was the winner.

What amazes me are the number of people that have turbos on the Busa with nitrous kits too. That's fast.

5. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

6. GixxerSixxer

GixxerSixxer Phil Deez Nutz

7. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

I ahve read all about that bike and I don't think it is fair. It was purposely made to win the shootout. It is running methanol and is unrideable (no fairing, can't steer very well because the intercooler plumbing is in the way, gauges just taped to it, etc. I don't think that is fair. If that is legal, I am going to build a blown nitro Busa and beat the crap out of that thing next year (think funnybike engine crammed in a stock busa chasis).

It should be like streetbike shootout. Street legal, plated, stock frame, and GASOLINE powered (race gas is okay, but it has to be a gasoline, no alcohols and such). As it is someone can just make a pure HP only grenade engine and stuff it into a bare chasis with just enough on it to put the power down on the dyno. That doesn't make it a bike IMO. It's an enigne with wheels tacked on.

sorry, [/rant]

But it is cool to see a busa motor put that kind of power down.

8. Texas T

Your rant is falling on deaf ears.

The contest is very specifically a dyno contest, not a ridability contest.

As to you throwing a monster motor in a busa frame, you still wouldn't be within the contest guidelines.

They did exactly what the contest promoters are looking for; they developed mega-horsepower out of a motorcycle engine.

If you want to see a rideability contest, cough up the bucks and put it on. I'm sure you'd get plenty of entries. After all, this what the automotive power tours are all about; pro-street type cars that have to drive from strip to strip under their own power and be street legal too. You see some great innovation from these guys.

9. Texas T

Yes, they actually use it. Some of the guys from TWT were up in Okla and ran across this guy in a gas station. It has concealed lights, siren, etc.

It's not just for display or parade use.

10. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate