Okay I've decided on a big cruiser now I need input.

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by SkippyThe, Jul 31, 2005.

1. SkippyThe

SkippyThe

I rode a freinds wifes VTX1300 and liked it. I rode his Rune and WOW. I rode another pal's VMAX and decided I liked the way the cruisers ride and feel. So I've decided on a 1300+ cc cruiser. So far I'm thinking of the VTX 1300 and the VTX 1800, Blvd. M95, The Warrior, or the Vulcan mean streak. Any that I've over looked? What do owners of those bikes have to say about them? Also I'd like to stay as close to 10-11k as possible. Thanks ST

2. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

They all have sort of different niches.

I personally like power and speed, so I would get either a Warrior (one mean twin and come on it has R1 brakes, too cool), V-Max (that thing is a legend for a reason, nothing like big V-4 power), and maybe a VTX 1800.

Of the above, I would probably throw down on the Warrior above all. There are TONS of parts and accessories for it and I think they look sweet low, long and dragged out. Just check out what Patrick Racing can do with one.

http://www.patrick-racing.com/pages/cruiser-main.html

[​IMG]

3. ouki

ouki

This topic has pretty much the same thread here. http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=410986

A lot of posting was done comparing some of those bikes.. I have a VTX1300r it is all going to depend on your style of ride.. Currently a M95. M97, VTX1800, Mean Streak and all those in the 1500 to 1800cc range will be in the price range you are looking at, because of the time of year, many dealers and brands are taking mucho dinero off of the MSRP, so it is a good time to buy while the 2005's are being discounted so much.

Go to a dealer and take'em all out for a test-ride and see what you like, HD Glide will also fit into your price range..

O

4. quinch

quinch Turgid Member Millennium Member

The VTX 1300 will handle better than the 1800. Surprisingly, there's not a really big difference in "on the road" power.
    My buddy has an '04 Marauder, now called the M95. That thing handles like a sport bike! It's right in between the 1300 and 1800 in "oomph"
    The V-max is the king of balls, but the handling sucks and it's unconfortable.
    That's all I have firsthand knowledge of.
    If I wasn't so in love with the VTX Retro looks, I'd be on that M95.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I've always had a weakness for Mr. Max. The only problem is the smallish gas tank. I think that you can barely get 100 miles out of it.;P

6. SkippyThe

SkippyThe

I've heard alot of good stuff about the M95 and it's earlier model but I can't find any in my area. I can order one but I'd like to ride it first. One dealership has the Warrior, Mean streak , and VTX 1300 and 1800 all in stock. But i'd like to try the M95 before I buy the others. I too like the Vmax but it just won't work for me. ST

7. g29andy

g29andy CLM

Weren't the 04 Suzuki Marauder 1600 (M95) and the 04 Kwak Mean Streak 1600 the same bike?

8. quinch

quinch Turgid Member Millennium Member

Yeah, just with different body work. If you can test ride a Mean Streak, that will give you a good idea about the M95.