Ok, wrong is wrong

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Dirty bird, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Dirty bird

Dirty bird

Jonesee, Bow Commander and Trebore like this.
  2. NoStress

NoStress

He was old enough to know better. Look but don't touch. That was not a violent shove and the guy brought it on himself.

3. 1bigK

1bigK

I’m not sure what you meant by “Look but don’t touch”, I have watched that video a couple of times and not sure what you are saying, so maybe you could explain that one.

But about the intensity of how he was shoved, when dealing with older people it is quite common that their sense of balance becomes impaired and fragile. It does not take much of a shove to knock an older person down, add to that he was shoved backwards, and it is no wonder that he fell and it appears that he hit his head on the pavement when he fell. That is a very serious situation, and another potential black eye for law enforcement at an inopportune time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chui, jame, KikoMonster and 2 others like this.
  4. OdinIII

OdinIII

You are right. Wrong is wrong. Why was he not following the rules?

Jump, larry_minn, 'Ol Grandad and 3 others like this.
  5. hooligan74

hooligan74

Jesus H Christ, he's a skinny septuagenarian with both hands in plain sight. Pretty scary for a group of dozens of kitted up LEOs. :crazy:

I shouldn't be surprised that people here are defending this, yet somehow I am.

MB-G26, hamster, Jade Falcon and 10 others like this.
  6. g30nut

g30nut

The way I see it, yeah they should have checked the man out, gotten him some help. BUT!!!!! The guy shouldn't have been there in the first place. He put himself in a bad situation. Why do most people fail to see that this is alot of the times the case. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Nothing wrong with that - being 77 (75 in other stories) doesn't give you a special right to break the line of advancing police during a riot and put the life of every officer in the line in danger. Maybe if you're too old to catch yourself when you fall, you should avoid rioting.

And no, they don't stop to check him out for the same reason they wouldn't stop to check out a police officer who fell there, which is, in turn, the same reason they pushed him back and didn't let him disrupt or pass through the line.

Thanks for starting a stupid thread with your stupid comment based on your complete absence of any knowledge of why those guys stay on line.

You are equally clueless about anything that doesn't fit your leftwing viewpoint.

Frankly, this is yet another GT thread that disgusts me more for the outright stupidity than just for the leftwing slant. I guess it's understandable that insurance salesmen or shirt folders from Banana Republic don't know these things but I'm out of patience for them, regardless.

8. hooligan74

hooligan74

Shoving a senior citizen is inexcusable when he's doing nothing threatening. If he's breaking the law, take him into custody.

That's not, in ANY way, "left wing".

CZ_DPJ, hamster, Chui and 13 others like this.
  9. Teufelhunden71

Teufelhunden71

75 years old and looks like he'd have a hard time opening a jar of pickles. This is a perfect example of how police can lose my support.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

hamster, Chui, Jade Falcon and 10 others like this.
  10. ironhead7544

ironhead7544

Everyone knows what has been happening at these riots. People are being killed. Fires, looting, beatings are common. Coppers on that line dont know what will happen next. They are on edge. Dont expect them to takes chances. I have been in riot situations and it is not pretty. I dont know what that guy was trying to do, but it was really stupid.

11. OdinIII

OdinIII

What exactly was they supposed to do other than what happened? The the man would have chosen the shove over detainment because he couldn’t have seen the fall coming. They couldn’t stop the line. They made the best choice at the time. It is a shame the old guy fell. Stuff happens, sometimes bad, when you go looking for trouble.

Jump, Sharkey, tuica and 7 others like this.
  12. hooligan74

hooligan74

Oh, it was undoubtedly stupid. That doesn't make the reaction acceptable.

13. vote Republican

vote Republican White and nerdy Silver Member

Welcome to the police state of the future, where even teetering old men are rioters and everyone needs to obey at all times or risk injury at the hands of riot police.

Like this guy, too:
    https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1266908354821206016

14. G17Jake

G17Jake

The old guy is white, so at least there shouldn't be any additional rioting from this.

15. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

Sorry Bren, but you are wrong on this one. If you are in law enforcement, you have to accept the reality of the current situation. Go ahead and defend the old way of doing things, but the truth is, we aren't in Kansas anymore, Dorothy.

I can't count the number of times in my life that I have been right, but still paid the price due to political correctness. After a long and bloodied career, I have learned that some battles are not worth the fight.

16. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

How do you explain the claim by the police that the individual tripped and fell during a skirmish?

17. rock_castle

rock_castle Enjoys liberal temper tantrums & hissy fits

Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

It's amazing how much of the time when something bad happens, the person brought it on themselves.

18. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

I have said over and over, and have been called stupid and arrogant, that current police tactics and appearance where they want to dress like soldiers and use force that police say is appropriate would turn the population against them.

What I didn’t see coming was how drastic and fast the support would be lost and how drastic and fast the changes in law would come. I thought it would be more a pendulum where is slowly swings back; I didn’t think it would jump over any middle ground.

Paul53 likes this.
  19. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

Then what's the point of having law enforcement at all? I mean... I'm hearing people left and right lately spouting about how it's OK for the rioters to steal because they've been oppressed... and these cops here "thank God we got it on video that they pushed someone"... Cops can't even do their jobs now.

I guess America has just chosen to lie down with the left and the political correctness and watch it all burn.

20. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

What part of the video is cops doing their jobs? Was what happened to George Floyd cops doing their jobs?