OK, tell me if you think I'm being wierd.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M2 Carbine, Oct 25, 2015.

1. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Dibs on that 3" k-357 (or k-38). Just to help out, ya know...

2. JohnnyE

JohnnyE

Maybe your friends just lack sufficient motivation. Tell everyone that refuses to name a firearm that a firearm will be willed, in their name, to Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Everytown.., the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, etc. If this doesn't get them off the dime, I don't know what will. :p

ETA: On second thought, based on your posting history, a statement like this would have no credibility with your friends. Either that, or they'd try to lock you in a rubber room thinking you've lost it.

3. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

OK, I'll keep you in mind but understand my memory isn't very good at my age. :D

4. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I wouldn't have to wait to die, they would kill me. :)

5. JohnnyE

JohnnyE

Funny, I just head that Carrie Fisher line from The Blues Brothers in my head, you know, "so for me, for my mother, my grandmother, my father, my uncle, and for the common good, I must now kill you, and your brother."

6. plp

plp

From your pics can see your pride of cats has you sufficiently trained, understand you get a ton of exercise just tending to them. I just got back to the computer after investigating a loud thump. One of the cats got into the bookcase and knocked off some books I had sitting there.

Of course, all of them looked totally innocent, like it was a spontaneous thing.

7. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Oh yeah, that's the truth. :)

The cats look at you like. "I have no idea what you are talking about, and besides, get me some food".

The dog always has a guilty look when he's done wrong, even when you don't know he's done something.

"Would you believe me if I said the cats tore up your Shotgun News???"

[​IMG]

plp likes this.
  8. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

I'd tell that person that now I know who gets the Hi-points and the Jericho. :rofl:

9. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

:animlol:

Yeah, that's right..............SOMEONE is going to get them.

A while back I gave this 9mm JR Carbine to a lady friend that liked it.
    I bought and liked the gun but couldn't get past all the Bling. :)

[​IMG]

10. BamaBud

BamaBud NRA Life Member

Sir, we've never met and what I know about you only comes from reading your posts, but I think you've hit on the solution. Pick the few that you really like and give the rest away now.

Tell the recipients that you're loaning them, but that they should plan on keeping them if you die. You could joke that you might want to borrow them back at some time, too.

You get the pleasure of knowing who gets what, and you ease the process on your executor.

11. Berto

Berto woo woo

That's a difficult thing to overcome. My own inclination would be to indulge yourself a little. Give them the guns YOU want them to have. This way, your wish lives on with that friend, and they identify with the fact YOU determined the gun they have. They will find treasure in that instead of making the decision themselves. They have that piece you because You made it so.
    If I wanted to have something material to remember you by, I would want your determination to associate with the gun. "I have this goofy Makarov because Buck wanted me to have it" vs "I have this Kel Tec with a laser taped to it because Buck was giving away his guns in the will so I just grabbed that one."
    That's my equally weird way of looking at it, I guess.

12. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

You won't pick? Well now I know who's getting this:

[​IMG]

:rofl:

13. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

A man's weapons can be a very personal thing. IMPO, and maybe this is way too deep but, It's almost like giving a part of yourself to that person. My dad gave me his MT serial Colt Woodsman target pistol before he passed. I will be giving it to my son.